Fashion Week Case Study
About Italian Fashion Magazines
Home to some of the most renowned fashion houses in the world, it’s no surprise that Italy produces leading international fashion magazines that influence both industry and personal style alike. Italian magazines like Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, Marie Claire, Grazia, and Flair, deliver their glossy sartorial spreads across the globe, and it’s during Fashion Week when their stylish readers obsess the most over every last page of coverage.
From style bloggers, to Vogue editors, and runwayready designers, Fashion Week is that rare moment when all the top industry insiders come together under one roof. Without an invite to these exclusive shows and fashion on the brain, the rest of the fashion-hungry public lean on their favourite publications to show them all the best in readyto-wear styles. This made for a clear opportunity to promote our Italian fashion magazines to a style-focused audience in non-Italian countries, by leveraging Fashion Week’s international marquee city locations in London, Milan, New York and Paris.
PressReader’s marketing team partnered with Hearst, Mondadori, and Condé Nast on an aggressive crosschannel promotional campaign through email, app, search, brand partners and social media. Together we offered 1 week of complimentary access to our platform of 6,000+ titles during Fashion Week, highlighting the Italian magazines, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, Marie Claire, Grazia, and Flair to readers interested in fashion around the world.
The promotion included:
• Custom Facebook and Twitter ads for the promo offer were delivered to a targeted fashion audience
• The highlighted fashion magazines shared the promo offer across their social channels
• Snapchat promo filters were setup at the major London and New York fashion shows
• Promo email blast was delivered to our targeted email list of 60,000 readers
• Google Adwords campaign was set up targeting the key words for the highlighted magazines
• Geo-fenced push notification with the promo offer was sent out to app users in the select Fashion Week cities
• The highlighted fashion titles were set up as suggested downloads in app for users who had previously read similar titles
• Tent cards with the promo offer were displayed at key luxury hotels, through PressReader’s business partnerships in both New York and Milan