TEXTS TO THE EDITOR
SMS the editor on 0428 634 025 with the word ROCK and a space in front of your message.
● FRED SAVAGE, ROCKY: Is it just me, or does the letter from RE Heathwood, Hatton Vale, seem a bit sus?
● STAT: With the extra fisheries officers now employed, perhaps they could drop into the Causeway and check the guys who regularly flog the outer channel with their cast nets.
● RAMP: The big decision I had to make last Friday night was stay home and watch the NRL or go to Browne Park and watch the local schools finals. Glad I got off my bum and went. Some cracker games, especially the last where Yeppoon won with a field goal. Well done all concerned.
● COL, BERSERKER: Interesting note about tattoos but honestly has anyone thought as to how a deadly skin cancer could be lurking unnoticed in that so called art? Perhaps a member of the medical profession could respond?
● MOOSE, DEPOT HILL: Re the 23-year-old woman involved in the Rabbitohs online exposure. She obviously didn’t know how to turn her data off before she go and named after Prince Charles mentor, his uncle Lord Louis Mountbatten. A spam account.
● MICK, ROCK: Echoing E Rowe letter and adding to my original missive, the furore coming from the US over the Williams meltdown over Mark Knight cartoon is laughable. I would like to think that we Aussies are generally good sports so when the loser starts crying that she is being racially maligned and performs one of the great dummy spits of her career the WTA needs to make her accountable for her actions.
● BR, YEPPOON: Eloise Rowe made some good points regarding the Serena Williams meltdown. However, her mention of the umpire’s suggestion to her opponent to let Serena win was a cartoonist’s creation, not reality! I sympathised with Naomi Osaka as I felt her win was overshadowed by Serena’s appalling behaviour. However there have been several documented cases of male players behaving very badly in matches with the same umpire officiating, and he did nothing. So I also feel that this lack of inconsistency inflamed the US Open situation. I also feel that the depiction of Serena by The Australian cartoonist who is copping all the flak really went too far with his insulting caricature and left himself open to accusations of racism. The Williams sisters were known as Blackie one and Blackie two as child players, and race should never be used against them insultingly, even in cartoons.
● RJM, BERSERKER: So the LNP say that Rookwood weir will bring thousands of jobs. Would like to see the details without any “commercial in confidence” crap. Looking more and more like a “don’t you worry about that” sort of deal.
● MIKE: Here we go again, Rookwood Weir, approved. I’m predicting we will hear about it for the the next three election cycles, that’s about 12 years, hopefully not. However if my memory serves me correctly that’s how many elections we sat through with both sides taking the credit, in some form or another for the Yeppoon hospital. And from some reports it doesn’t have a doctor, however it’s a great transfer station to Rockhampton Base hospital. When we finally get politicians with vision, we will see projects put in place for the next three or four generations, mega dams, not puddles.
● FRED SAVAGE, ROCKY: A lot of collisions are happening in Rocky CBD, and usually at intersections. Due care and attention while driving would help lessen these accidents as well as the old “right of way” rule. That’s if that rule still exists.
● SHANE, NG. Anthony Lynham (15/09) claims Labor MPs were “tirelessly pushing” for Rookwood. Sorry Minister, we, in this neck of the woods, know that until very recently, they did bugger all! It was Landry. Tireless and alone!
● MD, WANDAL: Margaret, I am unsure how you possibly took my text in regard to when the RRC community conversation meetings started the wrong way. I never said anything about the date that they “physically started”. I said you announced they had commenced on Sept 8 in The Bully article. The bottom line is that you taking credit for beginning them when you returned in 2012, was actually (according to council records) three years earlier than they actually did. Can The Bully reprint the Sept 8 article for all to see the glaring error?