TEXTS TO THE EDITOR
● VERITAS, YEPPOON. Would the LSC be better off giving their workers some wage relief instead of wasting half a million dollars for Billy to become a City Mayor rather than our current “night” Mayor.
● ANON. Re SES and dodgy rentals. Like it or not this problem will get worse (1) LNP brought in changes to depreciation scheduling (2) If Labor abolish negative gearing (3) Banking inquiry and need for 20% deposits. These three factors will mean, more people needing to rent, less people investing in rental properties, and less maintenance being done as it can’t be claimed as an offset. This means you will pay more rent and the quality of your home will go backwards. Think about that at the next federal election!
● DOC. When our children make a mess we ask them to clean it up. When we make a mess eg re climate control we re still asking them to clean it up. Maybe we are too late.
● RUSTY. LSC were holding a GET RESILIENT DAY, but it was cancelled due to the wet weather. Lol, wouldn’t that have been a great opportunity to show some resilience?’
● ANON. What a wonderful opening day’s cricket, in the first Test between Australia and India; with all the skills and athleticism, openly on display, for all loyal Australians, except perhaps, one particular individual : Mr. N.W.H. Timms, and his spiteful branding of the patriots as: ‘cricket nuts ... watching paint peel’.
● IH. To all of the stupid idiots who pull out in front of traffic doing 100km/h from the Oaks servo on the Yeppoon Rd. Is the only way to teach you clowns a lesson is to get T-boned?
● AS. I would guess RM that the protesters aren’t on the dole as they wouldn’t have the money for travel to Canberra. Boy you have such negative outlook on people and life i feel sorry for you for your depressing life.
● GH ROCKYVIEW. Power was off at Rockyview for 20 hours from 4 till quarter past eleven next day. Too long this day and age. Ergon should be compensating us out here.
● NCN MT CHALMERS. Yes less seats at Shopping Fair and should be ashamed as i know of elderly that rest on them in between shopping. Its just like less rubbish bins as well. Getting stingee.
● AS ROCK Re MGW I have never actually cooked plovers because experts tell me it is not legal but I have