TEXTS TO THE EDITOR
SMS the editor on 0428 634 025 with the word ROCK and a space in front of your message.
● RM ST LAWRENCE. I don’t understand why the fuss re pill testing at music festivals; people choose to consume these unknown substances, therefore they knowingly risk their lives. You can’t legislate against stupid, these fools don’t value the only life they’ll ever have, so be it.
● JD R’TON. How do you know a politician or be it an ex politician has lied. His lips have moved. Some just don’t know when to shut up and not to point fingers because the other three fingers are pointing back at you. Who was in charge when the nurses pay debacle emerged and how millions did the worker/taxpayer had to pay up to fix it. It’s liken to stealing money from churches poor box then stand before congregation and plea “I’m a good fella”. It’s enough for ya to get mad enough to drive a car into a garage door. People in glass houses or be it he is without sin, the hide of these people. Gees!!
● MICK S @ G’MERE. During the Gracemere postcode change attempt, our local councillor,told us all that it was a community’s hard fought right to have a say in all matters that affect us. Now Cr Smith has voted for us to have no say at all, in the removal of council divisions. Democracy should never be “turned on and off”, merely for personal gain.
● MOOSE, DEPOT HILL. let it be known that the SMS in TMB 14/1 regarding disabled parking at the Base Hospital was not submitted by me
● AB ROCKHAMPTON. There can only be one moose and so say all of us.
● CG. Are their any other power companies in central qld beside ergon if not have they got a monopoly on power prices?
● GH. How great it was to read all the letters to the Editor without all those long winded climate change ones. It was very good to read other topics as i don’t read those over the top long winded ones.
● ROBROY. To GCE well if you do don’t be shy.
● RHINELLA EMU PARK. The cow behind tree should be jumping with joy not quaking in fear at the arrival of Harry’s View ‘meat substitute’ monster (TMB Jan 12)
● DOC. To B.B. Your group of Australians protesting against the gangs wore Nazi paraphernalia making them Fascists including Anning. I am a Vietnam Veteran that was fighting yours & others of the same ilk bogeymen the Communist. Don’t lecture me about freedom. I’ve obviously pressed your buttons
● KD. That’s the problem with parents that don’t control their wild kids anon they can’t see the problem their kids are causing. Try and think of others some time instead of letting them run wild.
● NOEL. re SMS Christina 14/1. No the police try their hardest to deal with these idiots. It’s the judges who hand down a sentence then give the person immediate parole. Where is the punish in that when people know they can get away with the crime. Maybe a month in a shared cell with a hardened criminal might be an enlightening experience.
● LPMC. LSC Name change. When do the rate payers view a detailed Community Plan for LSC Rural residents instead of the wasteful $en$le$$ ideas for Yeppoon only?
● DDIM. Oh please Bully do not go down the tacky Southern paper
track of corny so called headlines. Lets get this Barty started Grrrrrrrrr. Please no more it just degrades a great local rag.
● RAMP. Lots of complaints re the wait times at the Containers for Change depots. Well here are some tips. Sort your containers into desperate lots. Remove all lids and definitely wait until you have a reasonable quantity to refund. The workers are doing a great job, we just need more of them.
● STIYP. Anon when your kids having as you say fun interferes with other peoples enjoyment of an outing or event then maybe you need to take a good look at your parenting skills. If I was Alice I would have complained to the organisers on the night. Don’t mistake diplomacy for a weakness and teach your kids public manners.
● RAMP. Well said Al Byrnard re tattoos. I just look and ask myself Why ? This goes for facial ornaments as well as nothing irks me more then rings or studs in noses lips tongues eyebrows and ears. As you say to each their own but I repeat WHY.
● RTGOD. The only fishing platforms we needed as kids in Rocky were the old wharfs and dredges tied up to them in the river.
● CC INGUNA. The founding Fathers (who were raised by stay at home mothers) of the American constitution put in private money for ideals they believed in. If anti drug America thinks a wall will assist in this life/ death conflict then the Mexican border wall ought be half up by now. Is there a way to give donations a tax refundable %.? A lot of people voted for Trump on this election promise. If that volume of believers volunteered five bucks each, its a good deposit and no national emergency necessary. The script writers of the current non crisis drug denial problem want a DRAMA to secure greater drug proliferation. Same with weapons treaties. Addicts codependent vandals of rational progress.
● LGYPN. Mr. Bradbury if you are bored with replying to letters...how do you think WE feel. Please ...give us all a break and pick another topic. And keep it a bit shorter and give someone else a go.
● SAF. Please TMB can we please put a stop on Mr Bradbury from Norman Gardens. He is apparently never wrong and you insist on giving him linespace to promote his own views or denigrate the views of others. Why the government has not employed him on his self declared expertise is an astounding loss to Australia. (If you ask Tom). Enough is enough. Please. And again on 12 January.
● AUSSIE. Ready set go folks Australia Day is gettin closer so lets celebrate in good old Aussie fashion. Beach or backyard cricket a day at the beach of a family BBQ. Love it more then Christmas.
● MOOSE, DEPOT HILL. thank heavens for the Brisbane Heat Women in the BBL because the mens Heat side is playing like Chilly Willy.ROCK Gaz. Forgive me if I my understanding is wrong: if Moranbah family TMB 11 Jan pg 05, cannot pay for food because Dad is unemployed, why do they need daycare? Surely he should be a stayat-home Dad.
● RATEPAYER @CBD. Why can’t The Bully do a “talk about town” segment, like The Courier Mail does? Find out what people are actually thinking, rather than assuming.