Raymond Young honoured
CITATION presented by the QJA president, John Carpendale at the Queensland Justices Association Centennial Year Conference Gala Dinner at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre on Saturday, November 3, 2018.
We have one final award to present.
This is an individual award. This person:
● Became a JP (Justice of the Peace) in 1984;
● Joined QJA in 1986 (32 years ago);
● Was elected convenor and chairman of his local QJA committee in 1988 – position he held for 20+ years;
● Was elected to the QJA Board in 2003;
● He was a QJA director for 14 years;
● And vice-president for six of those years;
● Was instrumental in establishing five new QJA branches;
● Organised four successful QJA State Conferences;
● Was a member of the QJA Centennial Conference Committee in 2016, 2017 and 2018;
● And chairman of that committee in 2016 and 2017;
● Has provided outstanding and sustained leadership and guidance – at both a branch and board level;
● He retired from QJA Board in November 2017.
It was the unanimous decision of QJA Board that, in recognition of his exemplary efforts over several decades, he be granted the highest individual honour we can bestow Honorary Life Membership.
Raymond Young OAM – please step forward to accept this award – to be presented by His Excellency, the Honourable Paul de Jersey AC, Governor of Queensland.
HUGE HONOUR: Raymond Young OAM being presented with his QJA Life Membership Award by His Excellency the Honourable Paul de Jersey AC, Governor of Queensland. Also present are QJA director Garth Stephens, QJA vice-president Marian Vierveyzer and QJA president John Carpendale.