YOU'RE SURE TO WOWO THE CROWD
RASPBERRY AND PISTACHIO CHEESECAKE
serves / 10
40g (1⁄4 cup) pistachios, plus extra, chopped, to serve
270g (1 1⁄4 cups) caster sugar
150g (1 cup) plain flour
1⁄4 tsp sea salt
100g butter, chilled, chopped
1 egg yolk
750g cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
250g ctn sour cream
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
125g fresh raspberries, plus extra, to serve
300ml ctn double cream, whipped to soft peaks
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease the base and side of a 22cm (base measurement) springform pan and line with baking paper.
2. For the base, process pistachios and 1⁄4 cup sugar until finely chopped. Add the flour and salt. Process until combined. Add the butter. Process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add the egg yolk. Process until mixture just comes together.
3. Place in prepared pan. Press to cover the base of the pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to rest.
4. Line pastry base with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove pastry weights or rice and paper. Bake for a further 15–17 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
5. Reduce the oven to 170C/150C fan-forced. Place a large sheet of extra-wide foil on a clean work surface. Place the cake pan in the centre of the foil. Fold edges around sides to enclose the pan. Repeat with another sheet of extra-wide foil to double line the pan.
6. Process the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla bean seeds, lemon rind and remaining 1 cup sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, processing until smooth and combined.
7. Pour half the cream cheese mixture over the prepared base. Sprinkle over the raspberries. Pour over the remaining cream cheese mixture. Place in a large roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to roasting pan to come 3cm up the side of cake pan. Bake for 1 hour 10–20 minutes or until just set (mixture should wobble slightly in the centre).
8. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecake in the oven, with the door slightly ajar, for 1 hour. Stand at room temperature for 1 hour or until cooled completely. Place in the fridge for 4 hours to chill.
9. To serve, top the cheesecake with whipped cream and sprinkle with the extra raspberries and pistachios.