* Alstonville CWA Craft, Chat & Cuppa Mornings. Bring along a craft or drop in for company. All welcome. Held at the RSL Hall in Bugden Avenue from 9.30am. Phone Pat on 0468 393 671. * 106th Eisteddfod Brass and High School Bands and choirs; Lismore Workers Club Auditorium , 9.30am, to conclusion. Audience welcome, admission $5, concession $4. Audience welcome. Inquiries <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* St Carthage’s Senior Day Care Club. Held for frail, elderly people at The Goonellabah Community Centre from 10am to 2pm. Phone 6620 0000. * Kyogle Family Support Service. Free counselling support on Monday to Thursday from 9am to 3pm. Young Women’s Support Group held weekly from 10am to midday. Phone 6632 1044.
* Lismore Zen Group, Lismore Heights. Includes meditation instruction, Dharma talks and individual interviews with the teacher. Beginners and experienced meditators welcome. Meets from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 0427 778 837.
* Yoga/Pilates for Over-50s 9.30am at Woodlark Street, Lismore with a Coffee Group afterwards. Phone 6622 6413. * Yamba Grow Group. A small group to help learn how to overcome anxiety, depression and to improve mental health. Anonymous, free and open to everyone. Bring a support person if you need. Meets weekly at Treelands Drive Community Centre, Treelands Drive from 10am to noon. Phone
1800 558 268.
* Have you heard about Timebanking? Timebanking can help you build a network of support within your community as Timebanking creates connection through sharing skills. For more info call: Northern Rivers Community Gateway 6621 7397. * Toddler Time, Lismore. For parents and carers with their children aged up to 5 years. Please bring fruit to share, morning tea provided. Cost is a gold coin donation. Held at The Anglican Parish in Zadoc Street, from 9.30am to 11.30am. Phone 6621 3200.
* YWCA NSW supported playgroup. All free, transport available, food provided. Many Voices Multicultural playgroup 10am-12pm YWCA NSW – 101a Rous Road, Goonellabah. For more information contact Zoe 6625 5809 or 0425 366 979.
* Lismore Branch of Australian Diabetes Council. Meeting from 9.30am at the Lismore Workers Club, Keen Street, Lismore. Phone
6629 1302 or email email@example.com
* Evans Head Laurel Club from 10am at the Evans Head RSL Club. Phone 6682 4237.
* St Andrews Nursing Home Auxiliary Ballina meeting from 9.30am. Phone 6686 3401.
* Ballina CWA meeting from 9.30am at the CWA rooms in Ballina. Phone 6686 4456.
* Lismore Red Cross branch is hosting the Country Zone Conference today 9.30am for 10am start at the Presbyterian Church Hall. Shared plate for lunch please. Inquires Phone 6624 2030.
* Tintenbar Red Cross meeting from 10am to noon at Tintenbar Hall. Phone 6681 3801.
* Lismore Camera Club Meeting from 7pm at Lismore Workers Club. Phone 6621 5866 or 6683 2215.
* Northern Rivers Day Prostate Cancer Support Group 10am until noon Alstonville Bowling Club, Deegan Drive, Alstonville. Guest Speaker David Hughes. Men’s Health. Topic: Update from the Australian Prostate Cancer Conference and the Urology Research Meetings. As this is a great opportunity to share, learn and benefit from other people’s experiences. Men diagnosed with prostate cancer and their partners or carers are most welcome to attend. Inquiries phone Gordon (02) 6684 1137 or 0415 664 649.
* Free Tax Help at Lismore Library If you earn $60,000 or less you may be eligible for confidential assistance with your tax return from a Tax Help Volunteer. Phone the library on 6621 2464 for enquiries and bookings. * Toddler Time at Lismore Library Action songs, games, stories and rhymes. Early literacy basics done with fun. For busy toddlers with their carer. 10am today. Free program. All welcome. Info 6621 2464.
* Baby Bounce at Lismore Library Gentle songs, rhymes and stories for babes in arms. Introducing your child to the rhythm of language. 11am today. Free program. All welcome. Info 6621 2464.
* Code Club Learn to program your own animations and games from scratch! 7-12 years only. Information 66212464.
* Northern Rivers Animal Services Op-Shop. Located at 3/268 River Street, Ballina, across the road from Dominos. Open from 10am. Phone 6681 1860.
* Women’s Resource Service, located at the Mullumbimby Neighbourhood Centre. The information and referral service is offered to all women living in the Byron Shire. Available Monday to Thursday from 9am to 4pm. Phone 6684 4299.
* Sing Australia Ballina is looking for you! Come and join us for a night of singing fun at The Kentwell Community Centre, Bangalow Road, Ballina. Meeting from 6.45pm to 9pm, with a cost of $8. All welcome. Phone Barbara on 0412 660 472 for more information.
* Dance Lessons at Rous Mill Hall from 4pm to 6pm. Old time, new vogue and modern. Phone 6628 0009.
* 3 Lismore Grow groups weekly meetings at Grow Community Centre, 18 Union St, South Lismore. Tuesday 10am – 12pm, Wednesday 7pm – 9pm, Friday 10am to noon, small friendly groups formed to learn how to overcome anxiety, depression and improved mental health. Anonymous open to everyone, bring a support person if you wish. Ph 1800 508 268 or 6621 3737.
* Table Tennis, 9am to 12.30pm, Lismore Workers Sports Club Goonellabah, Table Tennis Centre, Phone 6624 5153.
* Tuncester Air Rifle Club Association are looking for new members all equipment will be supplied, Lic test are given by Ollie. For more information Ph 0414 622 272. If you are interested (age from 12yrs and up) come along on Tuesday night at 6pm at the range, Range Rd Tuncester.
* Is your life being affected by somebody else’s drinking. Al-Anon Family Groups can help. Tuesdays noon CWA Rooms Market Square Duke St, Grafton. For more details www.al-anon.org.au 1300 252 666 (cost of a local call).
* Co-Dependents Anonymous (CODA). A 12-Step Program meets every Tuesday, 5pm–6.30pm. Riverlands, Lismore.
* Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia, NSW Branch Inc. Far North Coast Sub-Branch Inc. meeting at the Goonellabah Sports Club from 11am. Venue has wheelchair access. Phone 6624 4486 or 6624 4750.
* Lismore Orchid Society. Meeting at the Lismore Heights Bowling Club from 7pm. Phone 0427 789 773.
* Northern Rivers Health Service. Clinic available in Bonalbo. Phone 6665 1203. * Casino Access Committee meeting in the meeting room of The Richmond Upper Clarence Regional Library from 3.30pm to 4.30pm. Phone 6662 2622. * The Channon Seekers & Sages. An over-65’s group meeting at The Channon Tea House for morning tea and lunch from 11am to 2.30pm. Social bus trips as well. Phone 6689 1709 or 6689 7166.
* Ballina Hospital Auxiliary at the Hospital Solarium from 1.30pm. Phone 0434 848 540. New members welcome.
* Dance Fit at Lismore Heights Bowling Club. From 5.30pm to 6.30pm.
* Family Drug Support Meetings in Byron Bay. Non-religious, open meetings for family members affected by drugs and alcohol. Meeting on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at the INTRA meeting room, 75 Johnson Street from 7pm to 9pm. Inquiries to Margaret 0427 857 092 or Jane 0410 494 933.
* Tech Lessons Has the world of technology got you beat? Book a one-on-one lesson at Lismore Library for computer, phone and tablet help. Bookings 6621 2464.
* Storytime at Goonellabah Library Jump, wiggle & roar! This is a free, fun early literacy program for pre-schoolers with carer. 10.30am, no booking required. Information 6625 1235.
* Lismore Scrabble Club, 11am to 3pm, Lismore Workers Club. All welcome, Ph 6624 3216.
* Ballina Toy Library, 11am to 1pm, Regatta Ave, rear of River Street Children’s Centre, Ph 0411 719 074. * Lismore CWA Choir. Join our group of lighthearted women who enjoy visiting and entertaining elderly groups in our region. Meeting on Wednesdays from 9.15am. Phone 6624 1583 for more information.
* Chess Club. Meets at the Pulse Café in the Music Conservatorium between noon and 1pm. Phone 6621 4929. * Potters Group. Meeting every Wednesday in North Lismore from 9.30am. Phone 6621 4688 for more information.
* Lismore Target Rifle Club. Target shooting for .22 calibre rifles at our Tuncester Range. Meeting on Mondays and Wednesday nights from 6.30pm for a 7pm start. Phone 6628 2082. * Bangalow CWA meets each Wednesday from 9am to 2pm. Phone 6687 0617 or 6685 4694 for more information.
* Mum & Me Time. For mums and children aged 0 to 5 years old, hosted by the Southern Cross Presbyterian Church. Meeting at 10 Park Avenue, East Lismore on Wednesdays from 10am to 11.30am. Phone 6621 3655. * General Vinyasa flow yoga 5.45pm at Inner Light Centre 131 Keen St Lismore Ph Karenza 0412 988 425.
* Lismore Lions Club, Foundation Club of Australia. Meeting 6pm for 6.30pm at the East Lismore Bowls Club. Phone 6624 2193.
* Embroiders Guild, Lismore. All welcome. Meets at the Red Dove Centre, Uniting Church Hall in Keen Street from 9.30am to 2.30pm. Phone 0438 233 344.
* Byron Breast Cancer Support Group meet between 12pm-2pm at Byron Community Cabin (old girl Guides Hall), Carlyle Street Byron Bay. Anyone experiencing/ed breast and gynaecological cancer is most welcome to attend. Light refreshments will be provided. Inquiries Linda Janssen 0413 668 828 for further information. * Carers Social Group in Lismore. Meeting at The Lismore Community Gateway, 76 Carrington Street, Lismore from 10am to 2pm, pick-ups can be arranged. Phone 0427 250 407 or 6672 0900.
* The Probus Club of Ballina Waters will meet at 10am at the Cherry Street Sports Club. The guest speaker Rod Preston, who has entitled his talk
Prommies, Pearls and Pirates. Guests are welcome and can contact the Secretary Richard on 6681 5237. * Ballina CWA Art Classes. Held from 9.30am to noon. Phone 0429 813 760. * Toastmasters in Focus Meeting. Held at the Ballina RSL Club from 6.30pm. Phone 6687 4350.
* Tech Lessons Has the world of technology got you beat? Book a one-on-one lesson at Lismore Library for computer, phone and tablet help. Bookings 6621 2464.
* Storytime at Lismore Library Jump, wiggle and roar! This is a free, fun early literacy program for pre-schoolers with carer. 10.30am, no booking required. Information 6621 2464.
* CoderDojo at Lismore Library Drop in and enjoy a fun space to explore technology. 3.45-4.45pm, 7-17 years. Bring laptop or mobile device if you have one.
* Transference Healing. Meditation & Lightbody Healings 10.30am–12pm. $20. Inner Sanctum, Lismore. Limited seating. Bookings essential. Ph Sally 0405 121 127 www.lunagaiaalchemy.com
* Combined Pensioners and Superannuants Meeting 10am at Lismore Workers Club. All welcome. Ph: 6621 3133 or 6621 4654.
* Wardell Knit & Knat Group 10am to noon Wardell & District Memorial hall. Come bring a craft of your choice, have a natter, enjoy morning tea about 10.15am. Wool, needles available for community projects of rugs/beanies/scarves, Ph 6683 4994. * Lismore Base Hospital Auxiliary stall is every Monday to Friday from 8am until 2pm in the foyer of the hospital. Baby and children’s wear, knitting and crochet, jams and pickles as well as home cooking are available. All proceeds to purchase equipment for hospital, Ph 0458 645 279 or 0413 818 423 for more information. * Friendly Bingo 10am Lismore City Bowling Club.
* Square Dancing – Lismore Heights Sports Recreation and Community Club (Bowling Club), 181 High Street, Lismore Heights from 4.30pm to 5.30pm every Thursday. Phone 0407 663 017.
* Food Pantry, Uniting Church, Lismore. Cheap groceries and produce for holders of a Centrelink concession card. Located near The Red Dove Café, 80 Keen Street from 9.30am to noon. Phone 6621 5801.
* Family Connections offers a Playgroup for parents under 25 on Thursdays 10-noon during school term. At 41 Wilson St, South Lismore. The group is free with morning tea provided. For more information phone Chereece on 0418 420 726.
* Jan Bryant Exercise Classes Mondays and Thursdays 9.30am Ph 6625 1735 for new hall details.
* Is your life being affected by somebody else’s drinking. Al-Anon Family Groups can help. Ballina meeting Thursdays 6pm. The Richmond Room, 5 Regatta Avenue (behind the library). For more details www.al-anon.org.au 1300 252 666 (cost of a local call)
* Lismore Senior Citizens Social Club Association: meeting, games and bingo at the Goonellabah Community Centre, Ph 6621 5284.
* Casino Toastmasters meets at the RSL Hall at 7pm. Phone 6662 3841.
* The Ballina Carers Support Group. Meets at Harmony House, 64 Treelands Crescent at 10.30am. Phone 6628 6911.
* Lismore Alzheimer’s Association Carer’s Support Group. Meets at the Northern Rivers Community Gateway Centre at 10am. Phone 6623 3313 or 6624 2140 or 6624 6711.
* Members of the Probus Club of Goonellabah 10am meeting, Goonellabah Workers Sports Club, Guest speaker Ron Barnett, Ph 6624 3970 for more information. * Lismore Bujinkan Dojo invites new students 16yrs + to learn this traditional Ninja/Samurai art. Sessions are held Thursdays from 6.30pm. First lesson free, Ph 0423 177 140. * Storytime at Lismore Library Jump, wiggle and roar! This is a free, fun early literacy program for pre-schoolers with carer. 10.30am, no booking required.
* Lismore Environment Centre. Meditation for all ages in the park with Moti. Everyone welcome. We gather at the Environment Transit Centre cnr Magellan and Molesworth streets then go to Spinks Park at 6pm every Friday. Cost: by gold coin (All donations go to the Lismore Environment Centre). Please bring your own mat or seat, Ph 6622 5990 for more information or just turn up.
* U3A Forum on Friday Lismore Heights Bowling Club High St (upstairs function room) 9.30am to 11.30am. Bring 50c coin and mug for morning tea. Topic: Is capitalism a workable
ideology? Ph 0434 905 364.
* Adult Children of Alcoholic Parents and/ Dysfunctional Families (ACA). Our 12-step help group meets in East Lismore every Friday at 10am–11.30am on cnr 215 Dibbs St and Wyrallah Rd in small Quakers hut next to Community hall. For sharing, listening and learning in a safe environment.
* St Carthage’s Italian Senior Day Care, 10am–2pm, Goonellabah Community Centre, for frail Italian older people, Ph 6620 0008 or 6625 2600. * Mullumbimby Museum open 11am to 3pm and on Market Saturdays Ph 6684 4367 or 0400 736 510.
* Lismore Senior Citizens Social Club at Goonellabah Community Centre. Phone: 6621 5284.
* Square Dance Alstonville 7.30pm to 10.30pm Uniting Church hall 58 Main Street Alstonville. New dancers welcome, Ph 6662 6647.
* Drawing classes in Goonellabah. Learn to draw and paint a portrait, beginners welcome. Drawing class from 10am to 12pm. Portraiture class 12.30pm to 2.30pm. Contact Netty for more details on 0412 179 919. * Mid-Richmond Neighbourhood Centre Drop In. Join us at the Scout Hall in Evans Head every Friday from 10am to 2pm. Community Cooking from the Coraki/Box Ridge Cook Book from 10am along with a Ukulele Club from 11am with Luke Hayward. Join us for information, activities and a meal or just to have a cuppa. Phone
* Nimbin Playgroup 10am to 1.30pm at Nimbin Family Centre 81 Cullen St. For parents and carers and their children under school age, Ph 6689 0423 or just drop off.
* South Gundurimba Hall Monthly 7.30pm South Gundurimba Hall Coraki Rd.
Dancing will be to Val’s music for Old Time and New Vogue dances. This will be our Springtime dance and we ask that you dress to make this a colourful evening. We will have some prizes for the most colourful dress.
* Door cost is only $8.00 for adults, $2.00 for High School students and other children free. Please join us for a wonderful night. Inquiries to Lorna on 0434 107 416 or Alan on 0418 664 015.
* Lismore Spinners & Weavers & Other Fibre & Yarn Group. Meets at McLeans Ridges Hall from 10am. Phone 6622 2252 or 0421 275 257.
* Lismore Parkinson’s Group meets at the Lismore Workers Club from 10am to 12pm. Phone 6622 7959.
* Moving into a retirement village? If you are thinking about your retirement options, or re-thinking them, don’t miss this free community education talk presented by the Department of Fair Trading. Lismore Library, 10.30am–noon.
* Toddler Time at Goonellabah Library Action songs, games, stories and rhymes. Early literacy basics done with fun. For busy toddlers with their carer. 10am today. Free program. All welcome. Info 6625 1235.
* Baby Bounce at Goonellabah Library gentle songs, rhymes and stories for babes in arms. Introducing your child to the rhythm of language. 11am today. Free program. All welcome. Info 6625 1235.
* Lego at the Library, Let’s get building! 3.15–4.45pm Goonellabah Library. For children with carer.
* Programs for Kids Art 10.30am–11.30am; cooking 11.30am–12.30pm Saturday mornings Ages 6-12. Limited spaces $12 per session or $20 for both. Phone 0498 560 816. Location – Silvercloud Studios, South Lismore.
* Eltham Film Night screens the compassionate Finnish film, The Other
Side of Hope, at Eltham Hall. Meals and movie available from 6pm. Ph 6629 1131.
* Bridge Club noon Italo Club, North Lismore Ph 6621 5334.
* Community Garden 9am to 1pm, Ph 6622 1568 or 0401 493 509.
* Op Shop Goonellabah 8.30am to midday, Ph 6624 7480.
* City Lights Tennis Club, now at East Lismore Courts, Mixed Tennis 8am. New players welcome. Ph 6621 8193 or 6624 6229.
* Leaf Collectors training mornings – Saturday or Thursdays (only one morning needed). Venue – Koala Care Centre, Rifle Range Rd, next to SCU or Ph The Northern Rivers Community Gateway on 6622 1233.
* The Alstonville Farmers Market is held 8am until noon each Saturday at the Alstonville Showground. Locally made, locally grown only. For more information, call Steve on
0478 163 038.
* Al-anon Lismore 10.30am. Quakers Hut, Cnr Dibbs & Wyrallah Rd, Lismore. * Yummy Mummies Belly Dancing Classes in Lismore. Leave the kids and housework behind for one hour of shimmying fun. Held at Gypsy Fox Studio, 16 Carrington Street from 9.30am to 10.30am. Phone
0409 246 180.
* Ceramic Classes, South Lismore. Classes for all ages and stages. Cost of $15 for children. Held at Studio 13, Silvercloud Studios, Foley Street from 10am to noon. Phone 0427 053 846. * Out and about social group. 7pm Clydesdale, Casino, Please call 6619 2222.
* Ulmarra-On-Clarence Markets at Ulmarra Showground. Phone 6642 6843.
* Dungarubba Hall Country Music Night. Country music night with Marge Graham and supporting artists. Hot meal, raffles and lucky door prizes. Held at 5.30pm. Cost is $5. Phone Gary on 6682 8291.
* Wesleyan Methodist Church meets 10am Seventh Day Adventist Hall 44 Uralba St, Lismore. We welcome everyone who wants to join with us and be part of our congregation Rev. Jackson Gill 0422 945 464.
* Northern Rivers Chapter of the Fellowship of First Fleeters 11.30am Cherry St Bowling Cub Ballina. Guest speaker Rhonda Whafe, who will speak on Thomas Tennant (alias Phillip Devine). If you wish to attend please contact Karla on 6688 4306 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Lismore Colour Explosion Fun Run, today (September 23) at St John’s College, Woodlawn. Free parking from 7.30am. Have fun and get plastered with colour! Register online at www.lismorecolourexplosion funrun.com.au
* Lismore City Library open on Sunday afternoon between 1–4pm This is in addition to normal hours 9.30am to 5pm Mon to Wed, 9.30am to 7.30pm Thurs to Fri and 9am to 1pm Saturday. Info 6621 2464.
* Summerland Amateur Radio Club, 1pm, 414 Richmond Hill Rd, Richmond Hill. All persons interested in radio and electronics are welcome to attend email: email@example.com
* Casino Miniature Trains on old Queensland Road near Golf Club, 10am-4pm. $5 fare with free admission to museum. Mid-week group bookings welcome also, Ph 6662 1924.
* Indoor Bowls at Clovass McKees Hill Hall, halfway between Lismore and Casino. Games start at 1pm and the cost is $3 for the afternoon’s bowls. New players are welcome. Inquiries to Frank on 6683 2327.
* Combined Lismore and Rous Mill weekly Social Dance Classes 4pm each Sunday and Tuesday Ph 6628 0009. * Nimbin Markets. Held in the Community Centre Grounds from 9am to 3pm. In wet weather they are held in the Nimbin Town Hall. Phone 0458 506 000.