Chorizo and crispy potato salad with manchego crisps
serves / 6 prep / 20 minutes cook / 1 hour 15 minutes
1kg desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
100ml extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp plain flour
1kg sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into wedges
1 tsp smoked paprika
3 chorizo, sliced
1 red onion, cut into wedges
60g manchego cheese, finely grated
SOUR CREAM DRESSING:
100g sour cream
1 garlic clove, crushed 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place the potato in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer over high heat and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the potato is just tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add 1 tbsp oil. Cover the saucepan and shake to toss the potato and rough up the edges a little.
2. Transfer the potato to a prepared tray and dust with the flour. Add the sweet potato to the tray. Season with salt and sprinkle with paprika. Drizzle with the remaining 80ml (1⁄3 cup) oil and roast for 25 minutes. Turn and roast for a further 25 minutes or until all the potato is golden. Add the chorizo and onion to the tray and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the chorizo is browned.
3. Meanwhile, sprinkle the manchego cheese over the remaining prepared tray to form discs, about 6-7cm each. Bake for 5 minutes or until light golden and melted. Drape the discs over a rolling pin or clean bottle and set aside to cool.
4. For the sour cream dressing, combine the sour cream, garlic, lemon rind, lemon juice and 1 tbsp water in a bowl.
5. Arrange the potato mixture, rocket and manchego crisps on a serving platter. Drizzle with the sour cream dressing.