He’ll make your Day
9. DELUSIONS couldn’t have been more impressive in winning on debut at Swan Hill. Tracked the leaders into the straight and then pounced to win running away with something in hand. Clocked the fastest last 400m and last 200m of the entire day. Bred to appreciate extra 200m now. This is a lot harder but she looks above average and can measure up. 1.
KHULAASA showed a return to form at Flemington last start when narrowly beaten by Wild Planet and Ranier. Did enjoy the perfect run off the speed and got out at right time. Back against her own sex here set weights scale helps. 3.
EAWASE is ready to strike her best after two runs back and not disgraced behind Smart Melody here last month. 2. ZIZZIS will welcome the extra distance here.
4. RANIER picks himself but he has come up very short for a horse yet to win a race. He was the one with the plethora of flashing lights over him when beaten a head by Wild Planet at Flemington two weeks ago. Couldn’t get clear galloping room until last 200m and then flew home to just fail after being well backed. Drawn perfectly to get the run of the race and only needs even luck to test these.
1. WILD PLANET was great in winning that race. He three-wide without cover for most of the trip, looked beaten at the top straight but still fought on to win well. He does meet Ranier 2.5kg worse here but is a very tough performer. 6. RINGERDINGDING looked good winning at Bendigo in slick time, clocking fastest last 600m, 400m and 200m split of the entire meeting. Got a bit
ability as was only beaten length behind Sandbar in Listed grade at Rosehill in August. 11.
BRICKTOP is a roughie with a chance here. Not disgraced behind Amphitrite at Flemington and that horse has franked the form with a stakes win at Flemington.
Think 2. QUILISTA is the value here. Forced to lead up straight last start when close up in the blanket finish won by I Am Excited. Drops back to the 1000m here and from her good draw, won’t have to lead. If she can get a sit on the hot speed, reckon she finish hard over the top of them. Fingers crossed.
6. EDUARDO is the logical danger, especially as he meets Quilista 3kg better for beating her home in that same race. He too will sit off the speed and expect him to be right in the finish again. 5. SUPER TOO has needed racing but is very fast when right and could take catching. 3. BONS AWAY goes well here is at his top now.
3. CREATIVITY looks way over the odds for mine. At her best at this track and also likes
distance. Last time she was over course trip, she beaten narrowly by La Bella Diosa and she drew the outside gate that day. Not concerned by her wide draw here as it allows to slide across to a position just off the speed and she’ll be hard stop in the run home. Should have finished closer behind Winter Bride here a month ago and kept fresh. 4. GREY SHADOW is the horse to beat. Is unbeaten at this course and distance. Impressive winning here three weeks ago. Drawn to get the soft run up on the pace. 5. SOOTHING found line okay behind Grey Shadow and all the better for her first look at Caulfield.
1. JORDA got home right behind Grey Shadow and looks ready to fire. Wraps are big for
8. FROM WITHIN but she faces a dramatic rise in class here.
6. VERRY ELLEEGANT is a former Kiwi filly who made Aussie debut and impressed with the way she hit the line behind Amphitrite in Edward Manifold at Flemington two weeks ago. Didn’t have the best of luck in trying to get clear galloping room in the straight and then motored home when clear. Shapes as though extra 400m will suit her and drawn to get the gun run. Look for
3. ARISTIA to run a big race. Had absolutely no luck behind Amphitrite and should have finished a lot closer. Still a maiden but has been looking for this distance. 7. RUBIRA also had little luck in that Amphitrite race but found the line well. In a strong stable and all the better for that run. 2. GREYSFUL
GLAMOUR was never going to lose at Flemington last month and given a soft trial in Sydney since. On-pacer who will take running down again.
There was such a lot to like about the way 3. EXTRA BRUT hit line to win at Flemington a fortnight ago. Got well back in the run, made his assault coming to the turn and then charged home to run down Sikorsky with plenty of gusto. Won here before that and looks even better placed up to 2000m. Stick with him. 1. THINKIN’
BIG started favourite in the G1 Spring Champion Stakes and fought on well behind Maid Of Heaven. Don’t think track conditions suited him that day and better on the firmer surface here. Will go very close. 10.
SIKORSKY sat speed and probably hit the front too soon before being swamped by Extra Brut last time. Racing well and will make his own luck on pace again. 6. DEALMAKER has form around The Autumn Sun and was okay in the Spring Champion last start. He’ll make his presence felt.
7. BEST OF DAYS turned in a cracking effort behind Furrion here three weeks ago. Got back in the field along the rails and then got clear galloping room at top of straight before charging late to just miss grabbing Furrion. Seems to get better with every Aussie run and this trip looks ideal for him. 3.
TRAP FOR FOOLS was far from disgraced behind Winx in the Turnbull and will welcome a return to this grade. He’ll be on speed take catching again. 6. SIXTIES GROOVE will also relish the step up in trip after one run from a let-up. Is three from three at 2000m and has beaten Trap For Fools.
1. TALLY is ready to show his best likes this distance.
I’ve spent the better part of this week watching replays recent runs of 1. BEST SOLUTION and they confirm that he is one serious racehorse. He easily beat Duretto (another Cup runner) three starts back, beat Sound Check Cup
in Group 1 grade two runs back and beat Defoe (who has beaten another Cup runner in Red Verdon) at his last G1 start Germany. Can sit on pace or off it and I don’t think he is too badly treated at the weights either. Love fact his rider Pat Cosgrave has already ridden the track (won on Benbatl last week). Sure the barrier is a concern but hoping he will be able to find a slot midfield and then unleash in the straight. 2. THE CLIFFSOFMOHER impressed by running on well behind Benbatl last week. Goes very well second-up and did have two runs within a week at Royal Ascot this year. Drawn perfectly and will be hard to hold out. 11. VENTURA STORM was very good behind Winx in the Turnbull and is ready to fire. He’s has a wind operation and has come back stronger racehorse. Definitely best value runner. 9. RIVER
VERDON finished in front of The Cliffsofmoher at Royal Ascot and is from the same yard that brought out Red Cadeaux here. Merits respect.
11. SAVATIANO should have just about won the Blazer Stakes at Flemington last start. Had no luck trying to get a run in the straight until 100m and still flew late grab second. In peak form and only has to get an ounce of luck from wide draw to test these.
6. BOOKER is ready to hit her straps now after two runs this time in and did well behind Winter Bride here last start. She’ll go close. One at big odds who could surprise is 13. FREEHEARTED. Never got a crack at them at Caulfield last start but still ran through the line strongly. Drawn to get run of the race. 3. INVINCIBELLA is in great form and again suited at the weights scale.
Always been a fan of 5.
PEACEFUL STATE and this looks a good race for him. Did a great job when unlucky behind Land Of Plenty first-up and that horse then won a G1. Trapped off the course and forget his run in Rupert Clarke last start. This class suits go very close. 9. SIRCCONI could lead on his own and it that happens, he can take running down. 7.
TOM MELBOURNE faces his easiest assignment for some time, while 8. MR SNEAKY is ready to show his best now.
Best Of Days. Pic Grant Guy