3. Arrossire is a Tracey Bartley trained first starter that is a half to stakes-winners Marchinski and Shepishir and the stakes-placed Theophorous who were all at one time trained by the former jockey. This son of Magic Albert did enough in the second and most recent of his two trials to get the nod today. 2. Big Reg is also a debutant, he’s by I Am Invincible and looked the goods when winning his Wyong trial on May 1. For the record he went 0.74s faster winning his heat same day/same venue. 5. Islamax trialled that same morning and was a 0.5-lens 2nd in slower time than both.
Betting strategy: Arrossire win, quinella 2 and 3; r unning double
3 into 3
3. Foxdown is a brother to the former Dubbo trained sprinting star Shiraz. This one won a trial like a good horse and has been somewhat luckless in his only two runs. Poor horse can’t draw an alley - one hopes he isn’t wide (again) today but definitely has the talent.
2. Great Job is another of the Tracey Bartley debutants headed out west today. Has trialle d quite adequately throughout his various preps and is sure to run well. 5. Kennie Colleen has drawn favourably in gate 2 and was sound on debut at Armidale recently.
Betting strategy: Foxdown win
8. Eva Jean was beaten 6.6-lens in a TAB Highway and 4.8-lens in a CDRA Championships Qualifier at different stages this campaign so she should be right at home in a C2 handicap with just 52.5kgs on her back. The Orange visitor was way below her best last start at Narromine - expect a better outcome today. 2. Artistic
Beauty has run even better than Eva Jean in multiple Highways. The Cameron Crockett trained mare resumes here since Chirst mas Eve but has had the benefit of a recent sound trial this month. 1. Ghibili has won 2 of her past 3 and has race fitness in his favour.
Betting strategy: Eva Jean each-way, box trifecta 1/2/4/8
7. Abstract Lady came from 13th of 14 at the turn to finish 2.1lens third here in a 1300m maiden last time out so the wide draw should not be too much of an issue for her and her very capable jockey Travis Wolfgram. Fourth-up today, she has been a maiden too long compared to her ability. 2. Dukebox George is a lightlyraced 3YO from the prolific Brett Thompson yard at Gulgong and wasn’t beaten all that far here last time. Can figure. 10. Mallaco
Princess has been running in stronger races at Taree and Cessnock and was fifth each time.
Betting strategy: Abstract Lady each-way, box quinella 2/7/10
Wyong trainer Damian Lane is deadly accurate at placing his string and he doesn’t mind travelling far and wide to win a race. Enter 3. Eyota who has the key booking of Greg Ryan and is ably served from barrier 1, given he had led at his last two runs when placed at Wyong and Gosford respectively. Easy to like. 5. Kings
bridge has been runner-up either side of a spell although with reasonable sized margins both times. Drawn a little wide which is the negative. 1. Ansa is better than those three runs this campaign suggest.
Betting strategy: Eyota win
1. Baker’s Image is another one of the Cameron Crockett team racing at Dubbo ensuring the astute Mudgee trainer has a big day. This 3YO gelding is 3s 1-1-1 thus far and whilst he is first-up this afternoon, he’s had the two trials to prepare him for a bold bid on his return despite the awkward draw. Greg Ryan rides. 14. Sweet
Holly has a better barrier and race fitness on her side, however she has only managed 1 win from 27 starts - placed 10 times though. Damien Lane’s 2. Bench Star is a major player but has drawn poorly.
Betting strategy: Sweet Holly to place
That man Greg Ryan again. He’s hard to beat anywhere, anytime but Sunday’s are usually all about him. Ryan will partner 6. The
Frick here and as it stands, he is the only jockey to win on the horse - that was at Wellington in a 1400m maiden back in January. Placed here and at Mudgee since his short-ish spell. Go well. 5.
Spirited Character rarely runs a bad race and can easily medal. Betting strategy: The Frick to win, quinella 6/5, exacta 6 to beat 5
12. Hashtag Noidea is by the iron horse Nicconi and has won 5 and placed 9 times from his 34 starts. The horse was beaten narrowly at his only prior run at this track and distance. Go close today - make no mistake. 8. Yours Mine Ours bumped into a handy horse when beaten by Banskia here first-up. On-pacer drawn 2 for the veteran Paul King.
Betting strategy: Hashtag Noidea win
11. Fly Lightly is a half to Group 1 winner Fenway, a full to stakeswinner War and almost a three- quarter to More Joyous. Owned and bred by John Singleton this filly was with Gai Waterhouse up until joining the Rod Northam camp at Scone. Romped in at Binnaway after being a neck second at Mudgee first-up. Good race this though. 5. Redirect was’’ spelled’’ after a comprehensive and impressive debut win at Wellington on Mar 11. Dud draw however. 9. Sonic Girl is capable of figuring, so too 1. Azcannyaz.
Betting strategy: Fly Lightly win, box trifecta 1/5/8/9/11