5. Danubian and 1. Uncle Rodriguez look the two main protagonists here setting up a Kris Lees Vs Paul Perry scenario. Uncle Rodriguez surged last start whilst Danubian faded but the Lees filly was definitely in a stronger race and has scope for improvement second-up way down in grade. Draw favours the toppie but Danubian will have last say - if good enough. Absorbing clash coming up.
Betting strategy: Danubian win, quinella 1/5, exacta 5 to beat 1
Kris Lees can go back to back for his army of fans with the superbly bred mare 3. Atlantic Edge who is poised for victory now after two rock solid runs this time in including a narrow 2nd last time in the big field at Tamworth. Peaking now. 5. Great Grats has placed 4 out of 9 and is very fit and racing consistently. Handles heavy. 8. Famed is a Kiwi bred mare by Nom du Jeu who wants 1512m (and more).
Betting strategy: Box trifecta 3/5/7/8
7. Valley Crossing can mix her form but she rarely runs an outright bad race. Drawn 4 and has got through the slop well enough in the past to suggest she’ll cope with today’s conditions. 5. Re
deemable has been right around the mark at her last three runs and can really finish off hard in her races. Watch for her late. 2. Hayden Boy is a big watch.
Betting strategy: Valley Crossing each-way
5. Best Dressed Lady is a locally trained mare from the prolific Jenny Graham camp with the even more prolific Matthew McGuren to ride. This mare is 4s 1-0-1 fresh and has the pedigree to handle wet tracks. Was beaten 5-lens in Reneged’s Grafton Guineas as a 3YO.
1. Asti Chops has a wide draw and big weight but he excels on wet tracks. 4. Tarboy is out of a Quest For Fame mare which probably accounts for his heavy 10 win last start.
Betting strategy: Best Dressed Lady each-way
5. Guided turned in a huge run first-up on a heavy 10 at Coffs before an amazing last to first win over Ombromani at Tamworth after that. Resumes here but we know he handles the slop and has more than enough ability to win. Monitor any markets moves. 2.
Elite Dubleo drew 12 of 14 last start. Raced super handy and hit the front long way out but fought on well. Brave horse but wide draw against (again) today.
Betting strategy: Guided win, Running double 5 into 1
1. Jameslea World has Carla Dougherty taking 3kgs off today, she did the same when she won on this horse first-up at Grafton on a heavy 8 then a 0.2-lens 2nd at Murwillumbah after that. Drawn a little awkwardly again but you can’t fault the form. Just needs luck early on. 5. Magic Arli is 3s 1-1-0 here at Port Mac, she’s won on soft going and was placed at her debut so she seems to race well fresh. Makes genuine each-way appeal.
Betting strategy: Quinella 1/5
3. Fabry is a striking type of horse who also happens to be a half brother to 5-times G1 hero Theseo. Fabry boasts a compelling set of numbers at the track, the trip and importantly on wet ground. The only bad number is his barrier - 12. Going to need to be alert at the start or he’s in trouble. 5. Dantga is a massive danger given his penchant for heavy tracks and the distance. That said, barrier 14 seems to have dampened his chances a shade. 8. Dixie Lad is a player.
Betting strategy: Fabry win, quinella 3/5
7. Who Is Game has only won 6 from 42 but she’s been a shade unlucky at times and her get back/run on pattern has sometimes played against her. Nonetheless, she absolutely has the talent to win a race like this - she’s up to winning in town in fact - just needs even luck. 5. Mr McBat has a massive finish on him, something he put to good use winning the Wingham Cup beating main dangers 4. Our Sarastro and Who Is Game. They might trifecta this one too.
Betting strategy: Who is Game each-way, box trifecta 2/3/4/5/7
3. Rainbow River deserves the win after a string of positive runs this time in without the reward. Seems to handle heavy and the wide draw is not so bad, he was going back anyway. 1. Sheilarized was having her first start for new trainer Kris Lees at Muswellbrook when she ran 0.9-lens 2nd on the heavy 8 over 1450m. She will relish the extra yardage today and monsters her rivals on the benchmarks ratings. 4. Art Attack is a local whose last two are much better than it first seems.
Betting strategy: Box trifecta 1/2/3/4