1. She’s Choosie won her first three starts then went to Doomben and was all at sea on the Heavy 8. Hopefully it’s not too wet for her today but anything in the slow range should be reasonable. One thing in her favour is she should lead. 2. Jamaican Dream is a debut winner from the powerful Paul Perry yard. 5. Zoffay Magic was an nose behind Jamaican Dream at her first run.
Betting strategy: She’s Choosie will be short but will win
14. Shiver Me Timbers has placed at 5 of 7 starts. Gets her big chance today second-up from a favourable draw. 6. Thunder has been unplaced in all six runs but is rarely far away. Will be strong late. 5. Restless is another of Paul Perry’s big chances on the card.
Betting strategy: Shiver Me Timbers win
7. Grand Peril is winless still after 23 starts but the daughter of Dubleo has placed at almost one-third of her runs. Drawn a bit wide but that may not matter as much on the wet track. 9. Monster High has been pretty close at her past three. Include in the placings. 10. Perfect Times has the services of Victorem’s jockey Ben Looker and thus will get every chance.
Betting strategy: Grand Peril each way, box trifecta Nos. 2,7,9,10
4. Stoke It Up is a last-start winner who has drawn four so is almost certain to be up on the speed. Obviously a very fit and in-form galloper and can take the next step. 5. Josie’s Saga is ‘3312’ at her past four runs. Consider. 7. Durant is a Gabby Englebrechttrained son of Uncle Mo and will find this company easier than what he faced at Goulburn and Orange.
Betting strategy: Stoke It Up win
4. Prada Miss is a Highway winner at Rosehill from back in the winter. The locally trained mare will appreciate the step up to 1400m after her closing effort in the Quirindi Lightning first-up. 2. I Wanna Be A Jeep is no doubt going to have considerable support. Fit and won two of his past three. 6. Image Of Love has won at the venue.
Betting strategy: Prada Miss win, box trifecta Nos. 2,4,6,7,8
6. Elite Dubleo is a good, honest sprinter. A winner of eight of 40 starts with another 17 placings, this gelding was at his best as recently as last start at Grafton, winning over 1000m in fast time. Loves the wet and will be there from start to finish. 7. Melted Moments has won three of five runs here at home. 11. Devlann is back sharply in distance but is flying.
Betting strategy: Elite Dubleo each way, Devlann place
4. Hirokin fought back to win Bathurst Cup. We were a bit concerned about him at 1900m but trainer Jarrod Austin said he has been placed up to 2200m in town. 11. Kasharn is up from 1550m today but he is in good nick and has the draw to tag along in behind the speed. 5. Loud Enough just doesn’t run poorly.
Betting strategy: Hirokin each way, box trifecta Nos.4,5,7,10,11
1. Call Me Brad has a big weight with no claim but he can carry the 62kg with the offset of the inside draw. 8. Norah Girl has the services of Greg Ryan and it’ll take one of his best rides to negotiate the wide alley. 11. The Scary Ferri will strip fitter for first-up fourth. 2. Two ‘N’ Wellgo has claims with Chad Lever up.
Betting strategy: Call Me Brad win