Let’s trust the combination of an excellent trial, top stable and very good jockey to get 11. Sei Stella off to a winning start to her career. 12. Toffey Miss has the advantage of one start and will take plenty of improvement from that. She’ll be strong late. 4. Flight Commander trialled well for this and is a big player.
Betting strategy: Sei Stella win
3. Little Naive ran a nice race last time and a repeat of that performance will see her hard to beat. 1. Plucky George gets out to a more suitable distance. If 11. Leica Bita Magic is closer on the turn and doesn’t have to run past the whole field like last time he’s a hope. 12. Mateship may still be trying to break his maiden at start 32 but he has been good at his two runs this time in. 9. Hurry Up Harry is a danger third-up.
Betting strategy: Leica Bita Magic win
7. Edge Of Manhattan has had 10 seconds from 18 starts so he’s got to be worth some thought. 6. Waiting For A Mate has shown promise and can go to the next level and win. 10. Star Of Serena ran on well on debut over 1000m and the step up in trip should suit. 12. Amelda is well-placed here.
Betting strategy: Amelda win
6. Mosh Vain won’t have to make a tough threewide run today and can do better than his fourth last time. 14. Nothin’ Like Harry got beaten in a photo on debut but showed a good turn of foot. The wide gate means 1. Arthur Porrit should push for the lead again. Was super in running them off their feet to win last time.
Betting strategy: Nothin’ Like Harry win
2. Just A Bullet has the speed to lead and he’ll have to cross the field from a wide gate so a lot will depend on how much work he has to do to get there. 4. Vinnie Vega loves 1000m and expect a more forward showing than last start. 5. Wonderbolt should look to come off the heels off a runner. If 7. I’m Imogen runs, should be ready to go after two good trials.
Betting strategy: Vinnie Vega win
6. Go Get ‘Em got too far back last start and if he’s within striking distance today he can swoop past and win. 7. Illyrian has been racing well and expect another bold showing from the Cowra Cup winner. 3. City Of Kirkwall should win if he takes his place in the field (he’s nominated in multiple races).
Betting strategy: City Of Kirkwall win
1. Class Clown should fire over a suitable trip. 2. Bulala only has to run out a strong 1400m to be in the finish. 12. O’ So Hazy is unbeaten at the track from three starts. It’s been a sharp rise for 9. Supplyzing but these are the types of horses who can win these qualifiers. If 17. Delivered gets a run, I think he could just come out a winner after running well in much better company than this. Betting strategy: Delivered win if he runs. If not, O’ So Hazy
1. Gangstar’s Curse’s form at the end of last preparation wasn’t great but he flies fresh so watch him. If 2. Halliday Road finds a length he can win this race. 3. Takookacod loves Wagga Wagga and has solid city form behind her so naturally she’ll appreciate this drop in grade. 5. Wednesday Warrior is another down in grade and it’s generally the best form to look at in these races. 7. Moving On Up looks like a promising horse and will go close although up in grade.
Betting strategy: Takookacod win