3. Hemmerle is a first starter from the astute Danny Williams stable. His trial was a good one; best to keep a good eye on any meaningful market moves. 4. Soir De Lune turned in an encouraging first run at Wyong over 1200m when $2.70 fav. 2. Allandale Raider raced handy but faded in a harder race at Hawkesbury at his first outing.
Betting strategy: Hemmerle win
4. Lady Eleanor is another Danny Williams horse. The daughter of Melbourne Cup winner Americain is also out of a Danehill mare so she is bred to be good. Only has to run up to her third on debut to Luvaluva to take this out. 1. African Rainbow, from the Bjorn Baker camp, has trialled nicely for this but won’t be running. 6. Xaarfoxylady has placed three times from five runs and should be ready to peak. Betting strategy: Lady Eleanor win, Box trifecta Nos.1,4,6
7. Lady Demi was a barnstorming winner on debut in a 1200m maiden at Moruya. The daughter of noted fresh sire Denman ran 6 of 8 at Nowra first-up on Apr 1 but was only beaten 1.6 lens. That was 1000m, so the 1200m is right up her alley. 1. Rumba Queen is yet another of the Danny Williams horses running today. 8. Rushman is one at odds.
Betting strategy: Lady Demi win, Rushman place
4. Zither is a daughter of Commands whose progeny invariably race well fresh. Indeed, this first-upper was an impressive and popular winner at her first start at Kembla back on Melbourne Cup day last year. Her two trials are indicative of a horse going well enough to take this out. 1. Boston Light battled on well enough in a deep race at Hawkesbury last start. But has a big weight and drawn wide. 2. Mileage has at times shown city class ability.
Betting strategy: Zither win
10. With Purpose is a superbly bred filly by Pierro out of Paprika who is perhaps best known for being run down in the last stride by Phelan Ready in the Magic Millions. Turned in a big debut at Muswellbrook in a 1000m race that was run in fast time. The extra 100m is perfect. 11. Wriggles is a locally trained filly who has trialled well enough to have a say in the finish. 2. Explosive Missile has talent and likewise has looked good at the trials. Betting strategy: With Purpose win, box trifecta Nos.2,3,10,11, duet Nos.10, 11
2. Subban is a very well bred son of Savabeel trained by Bryce Heys who knows the breed as well as any and better than most. The gelding was first-up and having only his second start when a tough, narrow yet impressive winner here in a 1400m maiden on Mar 26. The step up to 1400m is perfect. 5. Cape Wickham has always shown talent and will get better with each run. He is second-up here and going down in grade. 4. Napayshini has only won 3 from 41 but can figure at odds.
Betting strategy: Subban win, quinella Nos.2,5
6. Mackellar absolutely stormed home first-up to go down by under a length. That was in a 1280m Class 1 at Muswellbrook. She has 1400m today and is a lot closer to home. 3. Swiss was a very solid winner here on debut and has been terrific in her two runs after that. The trainer has found the perfect race for her today. Whatever beats her, if anything, will win. 1. Marabel is the best of the others along with 8. Ons Vier, a last-start winner. Betting strategy: Mackellar win, Swiss win, quinella Nos.3,6