7. Say Madam peaks for this and, if her past two starts are anything to go by, she should be in the finish with any improvement from a perfect gate. Cameron Crockett has taken his time with 11. Fame And Fortune who trialled really nicely for this. The wide gate, for a first starter, is a concern but she looks the goods. 12. Foreverly could only manage fourth and 11th at her two runs last preparation but she won her lead-up trial for this and Greg Ryan sticks which is a good sign.
Betting strategy: Fame And Fortune win
8. Supreme Goddess is down in grade and a repeat of her latest performance would make her the one to beat. Dropping back to a mile shouldn’t be an issue and she’ll get a cushy run. 5. Outta Space has won past two but this will tougher than his last race. Greg Ryan rides. 4. Mosaytion will run better here than last start and look for him to be coming home late. Best of the rest are 1. Something Borrowed and 3. Dapperized.
Betting strategy: Supreme Goddess win
2. Foxdown produced an eye-catcher over 1400m last start and now gets up to the trip where he won his only race and does his best. He should have won more so you can still have confidence in him. 14. Sass‘N’Twinkle was entitled to finish better than third last start due to the easy run but was finishing hard late and don’t dismiss her yet. 4. Zaze just couldn’t peg back a runaway leader last start but it’s starting to become a familiar habit. 10 The Debater is knocking on the door.
Betting strategy: Foxdown win
4. Bossy Beryl hasn’t raced since being sent out $1.80 favourite on debut at Cowra in January, but Cameron Crockett said the 40C day really affected her and she was fractious in the barriers. He said to put a line through that run. 1. Road To Nowhere will find this race easier. 9. Flying Comet drops well back in grade too and peaks third-up so there’s no excuses this time.
Betting strategy: Bossy Beryl win
11. Rising King shapes up well for this race despite drawing wide. When he draws out wide he tends to sit off the speed and he’s capable of coming off it to let down and threaten. 13. Savannah Girl won well last time in a lesser race but has proved herself in this grade and races well at home. 5. Sticket won on debut but in a much weaker race. 4. Kashtan is up to a more suitable distance and can threaten.
Betting strategy: Rising King win
3. Joey’s Destiny was well backed to win the Dubbo Country Championships Qualifier but fell short. This is a bit easier and he gets a 3kg weight drop and 1300m is a better trip than 1400m. 4. Barricade hasn’t raced in an event this easy for a while and is set to take advantage of the conditions. Greg Ryan got off Joey’s Destiny for this ride. 7. Jar Of Hearts produces her best when fresh so watch out for a big run. Best of the rest is 5. Attalea.
Betting strategy: Barricade win
The only worry with 2. Kenny Succeed is the 1100m. If he gets an easy run, which he should, he’ll be there late. 9. Inkulu produced a cracking run after a break at Dubbo and should be charging to the line. 1. Rastafarian will be up on the speed and if he gets to the front easy he’ll be hard to catch. 7. Trades Hall will follow him but might try to find cover. She’s back in form.
Betting strategy: Kenny Succeed win