Salim ups his price by $ 350k

The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney) - - NEWS -

SALIM Me­ha­jer told his real es­tate agent to ad­ver­tise that plans to build a du­plex on a Lid­combe prop­erty were “await­ing ap­proval”, de­spite the coun­cil re­ject­ing it last year.

Mr Me­ha­jer’s agent, Cen­tury 21’s Fay Petrou, also said she had been ad­vised to in­crease the ask­ing price on the four-bed­room house at 16 Frances St by a whop­ping $350,000, de­spite it fail­ing to sell at auc­tion two weeks ago.

“They’re my in­struc­tions,” Ms Petrou said.

But Cum­ber­land Coun­cil’s act­ing gen­eral man­ager Hamish Mc­Nulty, said: “A de­vel­op­ment ap­pli­ca­tion ... was re­fused on 11 Oc­to­ber 2017. There is no cur­rent ap­pli­ca­tion.”

When this was put to Ms Petrou, she promptly re­moved the ref­er­ence to the plans be­ing be­fore coun­cil.

When ap­proached for com­ment, Mr Me­ha­jer said: “We sold only one prop­erty and do not an­tic­i­pate on sell­ing any more. This was sold strictly for cash flow pur­poses ... not sold to pay off any cred­i­tors. Funds are re­quired to power my le­gal team in or­der to re­cover the money ow­ing to my­self, my fam­ily and cred­i­tors.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.