South Africa’s winning ways
HERE’S something to take your mind off end-of-financial-year taxes and cross-eyeinducing spreadsheets …
Five reasons to start planning a trip to South Africa – and we’ll kick off with the best one of all:
1. It’s free: We’re giving you the opportunity to win a dream 10-day safari holiday for two.
All you have to do is head to www.cairnspost.com.au/competitions and enter your de- tails. Competition ends July 8.
2. Wine: Your mind may go straight to the hills of Bordeaux or New Zealand when you first think of wine country, but South Africa’s offering is nothing to be sneezed at and everything to sniff and swirl.
3. Adventure: It’s one of the adventure capitals of the world. There’s hiking, safaris, bungee jumping, rafting, mountain-biking and more.
4. The Big Five: Lion, leop- ard, rhinoceros, elephant and buffalo – the Big Five game animals you can watch roaming around the nature parks of South Africa.
5. Cultural melting pot: South Africa’s culture is made up of a unique blend of descendants from all corners of the globe.
If you’re still not convinced, re-read point one. That ought to get your inspiration flowing. Winner will be drawn July 10.
SEEING DOUBLE: Zebra are among the colourful inhabitants found in South Africa’s nature parks.