Boy wins in snake fight
When little Ben Gorman woke to find a snake biting his leg yesterday, the plucky little Top Ender didn’t panic.
“I got my knee up then I ripped it off and threw it at the window,” the six-year-old said.
“I didn’t scream. I was so brave I could just pick it up and throw it. I was holding it right behind the head so it couldn’t bite me.
“If you hold it on the tail, it can bend and bite you.”
The boy from Lambells Lagoon, about 50km south-east of Darwin, called out to his mum Micha Gorman, who called triple-0.
Ben, pictured, was taken to Palmerston Regional Hospital to be treated for two bites.
An animal handler removed the 1m-long slatey-grey snake, which are not poisonous.
Ms Gorman was proud of her son, who also ensured the safety of his five-year-old brother Lachie who was sleeping in the same room.