What tax­pay­ers need to do

The Western Star - - Money Saver -

• Self-lodgers must do so by Oc­to­ber 31.

• Self-lodged re­turns can be done us­ing the on­line por­tal MyTax.

• Most in­di­vid­u­als us­ing a reg­is­tered tax agent have un­til May 15, 2020.

• Most per­sonal in­for­ma­tion will be in­cluded in pre­fill data.

• Gather all rel­e­vant in­for­ma­tion in­clud­ing in­come state­ments, shares, rental prop­erty in­come, for­eign in­come and pri­vate health in­sur­ance.

• Lodge pre­vi­ous years’ re­turns ASAP if nec­es­sary.

• Al­ways be hon­est when lodg­ing a re­turn.

• Track the process of your re­fund through your myGov ac­count.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.