What taxpayers need to do
• Self-lodgers must do so by October 31.
• Self-lodged returns can be done using the online portal MyTax.
• Most individuals using a registered tax agent have until May 15, 2020.
• Most personal information will be included in prefill data.
• Gather all relevant information including income statements, shares, rental property income, foreign income and private health insurance.
• Lodge previous years’ returns ASAP if necessary.
• Always be honest when lodging a return.
• Track the process of your refund through your myGov account.