Townsville Bulletin

Family’s anguish at Tyrrell update

- ANTON NILSSON

THE foster family of missing boy William Tyrrell said they were “devastated” to learn through media that police are pursuing a new suspect in the case.

A post on a website about the boy said news of the new developmen­t was hurtful and inconsider­ate to the family.

“It’s almost seven years since William was abducted and once again we find ourselves preparing to deal with the grief and loss compounded by years of not knowing what happened to our boy or where he is,” the post said.

“Once again we are forced to watch others objectify William for personal gain.”

The statement followed reports that police were closing in on a person of interest previously ruled out in the case and were set to interview the suspect.

William Tyrrell was three years old when he went missing from his foster grandmothe­r’s home in Kendall, about 36km from Port Macquarie, on September 12, 2014.

As the seventh anniversar­y of William’s disappeara­nce approaches on Sunday, NSW police stressed a $1m reward remained in place for an informatio­n that could solve the mystery of his fate.

Police would not confirm the report but said Strike Force Rosann detectives were not resting in their pursuit of William and who might have taken him.

 ??  ?? William Tyrrell.
William Tyrrell.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia