The Ten Commandments of ... the W inter Dawn Patrol.
Thou shalt …
01. Never hit the snooze button more than once.
02. Lose feeling in fingers and hands from the block of ice that is your steering wheel. Lose feeling in entire body if you’re a grom riding to the surf on a pushy.
03. Thank the lord for the combustion engine when the heater finally kicks in.
04. Not look at the surf too long, just commit!
05. Abandon anyone you were supposed to pick up that is still asleep. Wake up calls are for hotels.
06. Be thankful for the groomed offshore wind.
07. It may bite but it’s infinitely better than warm bluebottle-riddled crap.
08. Add a little more volume to your winter boards to compensate
for the rubber. Thank us later.
09. Take an inordinately long time to put on shoes/clothes/operate car key due to post session frostbite.
10. Take a moment to bask in the winter sun once clothed, it’s one of life’s great pleasures.