The Ten Commandments of ... the Winter Dawn Patrol.
Thou shalt …
01. Don’t take surfing so seriously … relax.
02. Unless it’s four foot and pumping, bench your standard shortboard.
03. Add volume - paddling power is highly underrated in making a surf enjoyable.
04. Expand your quiver - add log, mid-length, twin and fun board.
05. Realise you now have a board to make any surf fun.
06. Ride what the surf dictates, not what you do.
07. Slow down, look around, trim and enjoy a ride or two.
08. Enjoy your fellow surfers - smile, chat and give props. It’ll come back to you.
09. Surf early or late - nothing gets endorphins moving like that golden glow.
10. Surf somewhere new - stale is bad.