TRAVEL FACTS WHERE TO STAY
• Qantas flies direct from Sydney to Manila daily, with connecting flights from other capital cities. Philippine Airlines operates direct flights to Manila from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane multiple times per week.
• Qantas: 13-13-13; qantas.com
• Philippine Airlines: 1300-887-822; philippineairlines.com
• Visitors to Amanpulo travel on the resort’s plane from a private hangar at Manila Airport. Skyjet and Cebu Pacific offer multiple daily flights from Manila to Busuanga–Coron. AirSWIFT flies from Manila to El Nido, and between El Nido and Busuanga–Coron.
• Skyjet: +632/875-9538; flyskyjetair.com
• Cebu Pacific: 02/9119-2956; cebupacificair.com
• AirSWIFT: +632/318-5941; air-swift.com
WHEN TO GO
March to May is the best time to visit for summer temperatures without the rains of the wet season (June to September).
• Amanpulo is an exclusive, ultra-luxury resort with price tag to match. Beachfront villas and casitas are the most sought after. +632/976-5200; aman.com
• Busuanga Bay Lodge, located at the unspoilt western end of Busuanga Island, commands stunning views and caters for a wide range of water sports. +63/917-895-5754; busuangabaylodge.com
• El Nido Resorts — Lagen Island faces the sunset across its own lagoon and is a favourite destination for weddings and honeymoons. +632/902-5980; elnidoresorts.com
• Tourism Philippines: 02/9221-1644; tourismphilippines.com.au