Have a milestone? Tell us at: email@example.com
MORE than 100 former Dalkeith Tennis Club members gathered this month to celebrate the club’s 80th anniversary.The club began on Saturday, March 5, 1938, with a “bough” shelter of shade before the clubhouse opened on November 7, 1938. There were six courts and 80 members. Today the club has more than 300 members, 24 courts including two state-of-the-art clay courts and awarded elitelevel coach John Thorpe. Shirley Potter (94, pictured) joined in 1946 and was part of many winning pennants
teams and a club champion. The club used the celebration to announce its partnership program with Solaris Cancer Care to evaluate physical fitness and well-being for people recovering from cancer.