Historic House becomes home to Marshall engine
SHELTERED: The early 1900s Marshall steam engine had reached its final home at Historic House. In those days the society could afford only the most basic shelter, as the photo shows. About 1986 a member of the Bicentennial Committee was in town working with the Murweh Shire on projects for the forthcoming 1988 celebrations. The late Doug Weare was president and George Balsillie was VP when the rep approached the society about a special project of its own. He suggested that housing the Marshall and a 1925 Dennis Fire Engine, which had also been donated to the museum, would protect these two important pieces of machinery. Following a successful application, restoration got underway.