Stinkweed causes a stir

Whitsunday Times - - NEWS -

EMER­GENCY ser­vices were called to the Whit­sun­day Plaza on Satur­day af­ter a sus­pected gas leak was re­ported.

At around noon on Satur­day, shoppers no­ticed the smell of gas em­a­nat­ing from a shop near the eatery.

The Queens­land Fire and Emer­gency Ser­vice, Whit­sun­day Po­lice and Queens­land Am­bu­lance Ser­vice paramedics at­tended the shop­ping cen­tre and spoke to se­cu­rity staff.

It was later de­ter­mined the smell was caused by the cook­ing of “stinkweed”, which is a gen­eral term for sev­eral nox­iously scented plants.

QAS at­tend a sus­pected gas leak on Satur­day.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.