• Aim to always add lots of colour to your food with plenty of fresh and cooked vegetables and salads.
• Focus on protein and fibre in your snacks for fullness and satisfaction.
• Listen to your hunger and try to only eat when truly physically hungry. Try to eat snacks that are already pre-portioned.
• Stick to volume-dense snacks with a high-water and high-fibre content and lower kilojoules.
• If you graze a lot and are not very active, reduce the size of your main meals by 30 to 50 per cent. Alternatively, you could aim for two balanced main meals rather than three a day.