THE NEW COMFORT FOOD
3 sweet potatoes
1 tbs olive oil, plus extra for potatoes Salt to taste
400g tin chickpeas, rinsed
1 garlic clove, grated
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp smoked paprika
1 red capsicum, diced
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbs tahini
1 tbs honey
1 spring onion, chopped Lime wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a roasting tray with foil. Halve the sweet potatoes lengthways, then rub with a little olive oil and salt. Place face down on tray and bake for 35–45 minutes.
2. Place the chickpeas in bowl with the garlic, spices, capsicum and half of the lime juice. Mix well to incorporate.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large frypan, then add the chickpeas and fry for about 5 minutes, until hot, toasted and crispy.
4. In a small bowl, add the tahini, honey, remaining lime juice and 2–3 tbs water. Whisk together until smooth, adding extra water if needed, until pouring consistency.
5. Spoon the chickpeas over the baked sweet potatoes, drizzle with the tahini dressing and top with chopped spring onion. Serve with a side of spinach.