Weath­er­board home de­stroyed in fire

Yarrawonga Chronicle - - Front Page -

A weath­er­board home on Telford Street has been left de­stroyed af­ter an ap­par­ent elec­tri­cal fault sparked a fire in the early hours of Tues­day morn­ing.

The fire be­gan in the front room of the house at about 5am, with the oc­cu­pants, a man and a woman, able to evac­u­ate with­out any in­juries.

The rental prop­erty, which was be­ing looked af­ter by house sit­ters, was ex­ten­sively dam­aged.

A nearby neigh­bour who was con­cerned the flames would spread onto a per­gola on his prop­erty as­sisted the oc­cu­pants and rang triple 0.

CFA district duty of­fi­cer Peter Bell said the in­ci­dent was be­ing looked at by fire in­ves­ti­ga­tors.

“They will in­ves­ti­gate in con­junc­tion with the po­lice to de­ter­mine the cause of it,” he said.

“One of the oc­cu­pants was treated by paramedics for mi­nor in­juries.”

Po­lice are not treat­ing the fire as sus­pi­cious.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.