Drought equals road­side graz­ing

Yarrawonga Chronicle - - On The Land - BY ROBERT MUIR

The Lo­cal Land Ser­vice con­trols the is­sue of per­mits but as part of the process, ap­pli­cants need coun­cil ap­proval prior to the Land Ser­vice mak­ing a de­ci­sion and is­su­ing the per­mit.

“With the im­pact of the drought con­di­tions, coun­cil has been in­un­dated with re­quests to au­tho­rize road­side graz­ing,” Fed­er­a­tion Coun­cil’s act­ing di­rec­tor in­fra­struc­ture and en­vi­ron­ment Steve Carmichael told coun­cil’s monthly meet­ing on De­cem­ber 18.

Forms are avail­able on Fed­er­a­tion Coun­cil’s web­site and are self ex­plana­tory.

Road­side graz­ing is al­lowed over a spe­cific sec­tion of road in times of drought or for haz­ard re­duc­tion but a per­mit must be is­sued be­fore­hand.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.