Yarrawonga Chronicle

Demolition works stepped up

- BY ROBERT MUIR

Demolition works on buildings surplus to Australia Defence Industries Mulwala requiremen­ts have stepped up over the past fortnight.

Included in these works is the 1946-establishe­d boiler house, most noticeable from the corner of Bayly Street and Wanani Road intersecti­on.

The boiler house provided heat to all the steam lines, including those for acid and propellant manufactur­ing processes.

Also pictured along the Bayly Street fenceline is the knocked down assets store establishe­d around 1970. Buildings demolished elsewhere include production process buildings built in the 1940s.

Three of those buildings photograph­ed here were First Stage Production’s Solvent Preparatio­n, Solvent Plant and Solvent Recovery buildings.

The no longer required buildings follow the new munitions factory at Mulwala, as recently explained in the Yarrawonga Chronicle.

 ??  ?? The 1946 built boiler house.
The 1946 built boiler house.
 ??  ?? Solvent Preparatio­n, Solvent Plant and Solvent Recovery buildings all flattened.
Solvent Preparatio­n, Solvent Plant and Solvent Recovery buildings all flattened.
 ??  ?? The assets store being demolished.
The assets store being demolished.
 ??  ??

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia