Rules changing at 80 per cent 6pm Friday, October 29
• Most indoor settings, including restaurants, pubs, gyms and hairdressers will open with no caps subject to a one person per four square metres limit. The catch: All staff and patrons must be fully vaccinated
• Most outdoor settings will remain at one person per two square metres limit (up to 500 people), where staff and patrons are fully vaccinated. These indoor and outdoor settings will also apply to weddings, funerals and religious gatherings if all attendees are fully vaccinated
• Caps of 30 people will apply for weddings, funerals and religious gatherings if vaccination status is unknown
• Masks will remain mandatory indoors but no longer required outdoors. ‘
• Entertainment venues will reopen. For indoor seated venues including cinemas and theatres, there will a 75 per cent capacity or DQ4 up to 1,000 people and for non-seated indoor entertainment venues there will be a DQ4 limit with no patron cap.
• Outdoor seated and non-seated entertainment venues including stadiums, zoos and tourism attractions will be open with a DQ2 limit up to 5,000 where staff and patrons are fully vaccinated.
• Events – such as music festivals – will be able to host up to 5,000 attendees, subject to any restrictions related to the venue. The Chief Health Officer may also grant an approval for larger crowds for significant events and venues under the Public Events Framework.
• Community sport to resume.