Building a career profile and CV
Here, we present the phrases you will need for your online career profile and CV.
5. Update, adapt, reuse
Kate: I had a quick look at your profile on Linkedin. You look 18!
Mark: I am 18 — in the photo! Kate: Well you’re not any more! Get a more professional photo. Update your profile and add a title that says something like “senior project manager with 7+ years’ experience”. You can use versions of the profile across all social media and your CV. It’s all about personal branding.
6. Online profile (I) Senior Technical Content Creator
Experienced (10+ years) journalist with a passion for high-tech, digital storytelling and social-media platforms. As an
independent consultant, I support hightech companies to create a brand voice. I have a proven track record of developing high-quality content for technical and non-technical audiences.
7. Online profile (II) Product Manager (Software/digital/smart)
Passionate and self-driven professional
with proven expertise in taking customer requirements and creating successful software products. Skilled in leading international cross-functional teams to plan, design, create, launch and manage product features. My areas of expertise
include smart homes, offices and cities.
8. The CV Mark Braun | 21 Gordon Crescent | Denham, Buckinghamshire | UB9 4ZZ Mobile: +44 770 77077 | Email: [email protected]line.co.uk CAREER PROFILE
Absolutely trustworthy, goal-oriented and conscientious project manager with seven years’
experience in the entertainment industry. Proven track record of delivering projects on time, under budget and to the highest of standards. A popular team player, natural leader and self-motivated worker who can prioritize and manage multiple projects.
Senior Project Manager Whale Workforce 2014–present
• Whale Workforce is an entertainment start-up with an annual turnover of £5 million and clients in over 20 European cities
• Responsible for the successful project management of an average of five projects simultaneously, each with a budget in excess of £50,000
• Instrumental in reducing costs through better allocation of resources
• Consistently improved client satisfaction through a more personalized service Assistant Project Manager London Entertains 2011–2014 • London Entertains provides support for event management on a local level • Supported senior project managers in the setting up of a new client base • Played an active role in all stages of an event and under tight deadlines
• Gained extensive experience in maintaining a client database
Junior Assistant to Project Manager (6-month fixed-term contract) ARTNOW! 2011
• Temporary exhibition in Amsterdam
• Assisted project manager with scheduling of events
• BSC in Economics and Management, Erasmus University College, The Netherlands Grade: 2:1 • Received the Award for Excellence for my final project
Native speaker of German | Fluent in English Working knowledge of French and Dutch