Secret agents in Berlin
The words in this puzzle are taken from this issue’s The US in Germany. You may find it helpful to refer to the text on pages 40–43.
EASY MEDIUM ADVANCED Across
1. “The image has remained in my
3. What actually happens, not what is
imagined or thought.
4. To travel by bike.
5. Raised land, but not as high as a
7. To listen secretly to other people’s
telephone calls, radio broadcasts, etc. 10. “The novel is written from a child’s
12. James Bond’s job.
14. A number of television programmes that deal with the same subject or have the same characters.
15. A starting point; principles underlying certain ideas or actions.
16. An instruction to do something.
17. To move around without purpose or
1. Measure of distance.
2. Done not long ago.
3. “Access to most government buildings is .”
4. A place where two streets meet. 6. Something special and expensive
may be a .
8. Newspapers, magazines and other
sources of news.
9. Someone who comes to see a person
11. “The criminals made their on
13. “The from the top of the tower