Pipe bomb suspect ‘had list of targets’
MIAMI: The man suspected of sending pipe bombs to prominent Democrats and other opponents of President Donald Trump kept a list of ELECTED oficials AND others who investigators believe were intended targets, An OFICIAL SAID on Monday.
The disclosure came as 56-year-old Cesar Sayoc made his initial court appearance in Miami federal court Monday, saying little but tearing up, and after Bomb squads were CALLED to A post OFICE in Atlanta about a suspicious mailing to CNN similar to the pipe bomb packages recovered in the case last week.
THE OFICIAL SAID Authorities HAD recovered soldering equipment, a printer, and stamps similar to those used on the package bombs in the investigation into Sayoc, who was arrested last week in Florida. Authorities believe Sayoc was putting explosives together in his van.
THE OFICIAL wasn’t Authorised to discuss the ongoing investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity to THE AP. THE OFICIAL Also SAID that, as part of the investigation, authorities were scrutinizing Sayoc’s social media posts.
The FBI said via its Twitter account that the recovered package in Atlanta was “similar in appearance” to the bubblewrappedmanilaenvelopesauthoritiessay were sent by Sayoc to intended targets from Delaware to California, including former President Barack Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and former Vice President Joe Biden.
CNN President Jeff Zucker says all mail to CNN has been screened offsite since last week, when a series of package bombs began appearing around the country. Among them were two apparent mail bombs sent to CNN.