5 ONLINE SHOPPING STATISTICS YOU SHOULD KNOW
1. 1.8 billion people worldwide purchased goods online in 2019. An estimated $4.8 trillion dollars will be spent in 2021.
2. Shopping always begins online. Today’s consumers are in control of their path to purchase.
3. Buyers are mobile. This is undoubtedly the direction in which consumer shopping habits are headed. Nearly half of consumers shop more online than instore. What have you purchased on your phone while waiting for an appointment?
4. Due to Coronavirus, 42% of the North American population bought online. That is up from 22% the prior year.
5. 62% of online buyers shop at least monthly and 26% weekly. Rumor has it that our editor’s significant other shops online daily!