Surrey Business News
Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project Moves Forward
The Province has selected three pre-qualified bidding teams to participate in the competitive selection process to design and construct the new toll-free Pattullo Bridge that will deliver a safer crossing and easier connections into Surrey and New Westminster.
The three bidding teams are:
1. Fraser Community Connectors: - Respondent: Kiewit Canada Development Corp.
2. Flatiron / Dragados / Carlson Pattullo JV
3. Fraser Crossing Partners - Respondent: Snc-lavalin Capital Inc. and Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc.
1. The approved budget of $1.377 billion represents the full cost to complete the project, including procurement, project management, construction, removal of the existing bridge and interest during construction.
2. The Province will use a design-buildfinance model to build the Pattullo Bridge replacement.
3. The bridge will have wider lanes, which will allow traffic to flow more safely and efficiently, and improved connections to road networks on either side of the bridge.
4. It is expected to open in 2023.