Surrey Business News
Join the Tourism, Arts & Culture Team
The creative economy Is worth 2.8% of Canada’s GDP (2016) and employed 3.5% of the 18.5 million jobs in the country. In BC, that’s worth $7.2 billion (that’s with a B) or 2.9% of the provincial GDP.
Has that caught your attention?
If it did the Surrey Board of Trade Tourism, Arts & Culture team is for you. Join our Team, provide your advice!
This team was formed out of several dialogues and panels that the Surrey Board of Trade has hosted for the past 10 years to specifically address the issues that arise and to promote Surrey as the destination for tourists and those who enjoy art, music, theatre, books, and much more.
1. Facilitate opportunities and incentives for the business community to invest in and support the arts
2. Creative industry growth – growing indigenous arts organizations and attracting business in the tourism, arts and culture industries
3. Increase awareness of existing tourism, arts and culture assets
4. Advocate to local, provincial and federal governments for tourism, arts & culture issues
5. Host the annual Surrey Arts & Business Awards
Want to join? Contact Jasroop Gosal at email@example.com