Surrey Business News
Getting Ready for Business Opportunities for the Pipeline Project Trans Mountain Expansion Project Business Readiness Workshop took place in Surrey
On Tuesday, June 25, the Surrey Board of Trade, in partnership with the Trans Mountain Expansion Project (TMEP) hosted a Business Readiness Workshop. This interactive workshop provided businesses with the opportunity to learn more about construction and potential business opportunities with the TMEP in Surrey.
-Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
• $7.4 billion construction project
• $1.77 billion in construction spending in the Lower Mainland-fraser Valley area
• Increase in tax revenue to local governments when in service
• Employment and business opportunities for Indigenous, local and regional residents
TMEP will be prepared to re-start construction on the Expansion Project once all necessary approvals and requirements are in place. They have continued to work with their contractors to ensure planning and design is advancing in a way that will allow them to get back to work as soon as possible.
TMEP is gathering data through an online procurement registry
• The procurement registry is assisting in the identification and selection of potential sub-contractors, suppliers and vendors
• Jobs and procurement information at: transmountain.com/jobs transmountain.com/procurement
Selection Process for Suppliers
• Procurement plans/bid lists will be reviewed and approved by TMEP
For example, local procurement opportunities for the Kiewit Ledcor TMEP Partnership (KLTP) – see the following table for what is needed.
Other procurement opportunities exist for the different construction spreads of the Trans Mountain Expansion Project.