Surrey Business News
Surrey’s Residential Building Sector
Confidence in the residential construction sector remains strong in Surrey as more than $808 million in housing developments were given approval to proceed by Surrey City Council at a September meeting. More approvals followed in other Council meetings.
Development projects given approval to proceed include the following:
• 2 high-rise residential towers (45 and 39-storeys) and 11-storey mid-rise rental building
• 32-storey residential apartment building
• 26-storey market condo and 21-storey rental apartment building
• 13-story rental apartment building and 16-storey market apartment building
• 7 apartment buildings of up to 6-storeys and 55 townhouse units
• Seven, 5 to 6-storey apartment buildings
• 6-storey mixed-use building comprised of 30 market and 70 non-market rental units
• 39 live/work residential townhomes
This latest round of development approvals comes on the heels of nearly $700 million in building projects approved by Council this past July.