Annapolis Valley Register : 2018-12-27
SPORTS : 13 : 3
EVENTS B3 VALLEYREGISTER.CA THURSDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2018 • Winter wonderland IN KINGS COUNTY for $5; 10 for $10. JAN. 5 Kentville Writers Group • — At the Kentville Library from 1-3 p.m. Join the Kentville Writers Group with author Dana Mills for a monthly workshop. Intended for people ages 15 years and up. Must have access to email and a printer. Registration is required. Call branch 902-679-2544 or drop by in person to sign up.
— At the Lions Hall, KMCC, from 8-10 a.m. Freewill donation. Full breakfast. • — At the Kentville Legion at 9 p.m. Ruth Manning and the Prospectors will be playing. Cost: $8 per person; adults only. The bar and kitchen will be available.
• — At the Kentville Legion. Registration is at 12:30 p.m. upstairs. Play starts at 1 p.m. Cost: $20/team. DEC. 27 Chase the Ace • — From 6-7:30 p.m. on Thursdays at Paddy’s Pub, in Kentville, with the Valley Cheer Athletics Association. Tickets: $2 each; three for $5; 10 for $10. DEC. 28 ville, with the Valley Cheer Athletics Association. Tickets: $2 each; three for $5; 10 for $10. 4-5 p.m. Stop in and find out about the youth initiative, Positive Noise. Have some after-school snacks and find out how you too can make some noise. Intended for youth in Grades 5 and up and interested supportive adults invited. and post-production. This is an info session. A tour of the facility will be offered and opportunities to sign up for classes or to volunteer will be available. Berwick Lions Public Breakfast Concert • — The Annapolis Valley Honour Choir is having its 30th anniversary and a celebration is planned. The reunion weekend will take place Dec. 28-30 in Wolfville. The reunion concert will feature alumni, as well as the current Annapolis Valley Honour Choir, will take place the Wolfville Baptist Church at 4 p.m. Freewill offering at the door. Former choir members are encouraged to register at: tinyurl.com/AVHCreunion. Dance JAN. 11 A Conversation About Food with Questlove and Book Signing • JAN. 24 — At Harvey Denton Hall, Acadia University, in Wolfville, from 7- 9 p.m. Join host Ali Hassan (CBC) with drummer, DJ, producer and five-time Grammy award-winning musician Questlove for an intimate conversation about food issues, culinary creativity, and his infamous food salons. Following the live interview, he will meet audience members for a book signing. Cost: $25. Tickets available via Ticketpro. Bookmobile Visit • — At Tibbett’s Home for Special Care in Kingston from 3:15-4 p.m. JAN. 16 Crib Tournament Bookmobile Visit • — At the Beehive Centre in Aylesford from 9:15-10:15 a.m. JAN. 25 Book Give-Away Day • — At the Kingston Library at 2 p.m. In conjunction with Family Literacy Day, drop by for a free book during open hours. DEC. 31 JAN. 6 JAN. 17 Dance • — At the Kentville Legion starting at 9 p.m. Big Deal will be playing. Cost: $8; adults only. Bar and kitchen available.
• — At the Canning Legion. Music by Tony and Lennie Barkhouse. Tickets available at the legion after 4 p.m. Tuesday to Friday or after 1 p.m. on Saturdays. Adults only. Cost: $35 per couple or $20 for a single ticket. Light lunch served at midnight.
• — At the Wolfville Legion Branch 74, 310
Main St., Wolfville from 8 p.m. until midnight. Admission: $10 per person. Music by Northfield. Adults only. Open bar. Lunch served at midnight. All proceeds for the Wolfville Legion. For tickets, call Harold Hunt at 902-542-0471.
• — At the Black Rock Recreation and Culture Centre from 9 p.m. until midnight. Exit 15 will be playing. Tickets in advance cost $8 per person or $15 per couple; at the door, they cost $12 per person or $20 per couple. Doors open at 8 p.m. Adults only; cash bar available. Limited tickets. For info or tickets: 902-538-1259.
• — At the Waterville and District Fire Department. Tickets are $25 each, with a cold buffet at midnight plus a ride home for those located within 20 kilometres. Info: 902-670-0322. Crib Tournament • — At the Forties Community Centre, in New Ross. Doors open at noon. Registration starts at 12:30 p.m. Play starts at 1 p.m. Cost: $20/team. Info: call 902689-2147. Location has a canteen and is wheelchair accessible. Winter Film Series • — At the Berwick and District Library from 6:30-8 p.m. This series was initiated by various community members asking if the library would host something like this. The film screenings will be introduced by community members and time will be available at the end for discussion, tea/coffee/cider, cookies and fruit. Tonight’s showing is Climate Change and the Human Prospect. Storm date: Jan. 24.
• — At PEOPLEWORX in Coldbrook from 2-3 p.m. JAN. 26 New Year’s Eve Dance JAN. 12 Dance • — At the Kentville Legion at 9pm. Higher Ground will be playing. Cost: $8; adults only. Bar and kitchen available.
• — At the Kingston Library at 11 a.m. In conjunction with Family Literacy Day, join staff for a magical mother/daughter party based upon Fairy Mom and Me by Sophie Kinsella for girls ages seven to 12 years and their moms or caregivers.
• — At the Berwick and District Library from 12:30-2 p.m. Make your own artwork inspired by words. Dress to make a mess. Intended for ages five to 12 years. Space is limited so pre-registration is required. Community Breakfast • — At the Kingston Baptist Church, 695 Main St., Kingston from 8- 10 a.m. Freewill donation. Traditional breakfast items, with healthy choices such as homemade muffins, fruit and yogurt.
• MUST DO Fairy Mom and Me Party Levee — At the Berwick Legion on Jan. 1. The formal levee begins at 11 a.m. with moose milk and snacks. Levee party begins at 2 p.m. with music by Wayne Parker (pass the hat), potluck and prizes. Free. Book Launch Party for Wade Albert White Bookmobile Visit New Year’s Eve Dance — At the Kentville Library from 1-3 p.m. Wade Albert White’s third book in his Adventurer’s Guide series, The Adventurer’s Guide to Treasure (and how to steal it), will be released in early January. The library will be launching the book with a Book Party, and the author will be here to read from the new book and sign copies. Snow date: Jan. 19 from 1-3 p.m.
• — At the Berwick and District Library from noon until 2 p.m. Bring your favourite game to play with others in the library’s ‘community living room.’
• — At the Kentville Legion at 9 p.m. Route 12 will be playing. Cost: $8 per person; adults only. Bar and kitchen available.
• — At the Meadowview Community Centre, 8464 Brooklyn St., Kentville. Registration is at 12:30 p.m.; play starts at 1 p.m. High hand optional. Adults only. Cost: $20 per team. Open bar. JAN. 19 Dance • — At the Kentville Legion at 9 p.m. Still Doin’ Time will be playing. Cost: $8; adults only. Bar and kitchen available.
• — At the Kentville Legion. Registration is 12:30 p.m. upstairs. Play starts at 1 p.m. Cost: $20 per team. Family Literacy Day Crib Tournament New Year’s Eve Dance JAN. 8 Community Luncheon • — At Kingston Lions Hall from noon until 1 p.m. Menu includes: chicken supreme, potatoes, peas, carrots, a roll and dessert. Cost: $9 at the door; $9.50 delivered (to Kingston/Greenwood area only). Call before 10:30 a.m. All proceeds to support the Lions work in the community. Info: 902-765-2128. • — At the Black River Community Hall from 10:45 a.m. until noon; at Baxter’s Harbour Community Hall from 1:30-2:30 p.m.; and at the Coldbrook Centre from 3:154:15 p.m. Game Day JAN. 29 JAN. 21 Bookmobile Visit • — At the Black River Community Hall from 10:45 a.m. until noon; at Baxter’s Harbour Community Hall from 1:30-2:30 p.m.; and at the Coldbrook Centre from 3:154:15 p.m. Bookmobile Visit • — At Baden Powell Drive in Kentville from 2:303:30 p.m. Dance New Year’s Eve Dance JAN. 22 Bookmobile Visit Bookmobile Visit • — At Apple Tree Landing in Canning from 2-3 p.m. Crib Tournament ONGOING BINGO • - The New Minas Volunteer Fire Department has Bingo on Friday nights at 7 p.m., doors open at 6 p.m. Canteen available.
• - The New Minas Volunteer Department Auxiliary has Bingo on Monday nights at 7 p.m., doors open at 6 p.m. Canteen available. JAN. 23 Media Makery Info Session • — At the Wolfville Memorial Library from 5-7 p.m. The Innovation Lab (formally known as the Cap Lab) has been busy outfitting their Media Lab with equipment for audio and video recording JAN. 3 BINGO Chase the Ace • — From 6-7:30 p.m. on Thursdays at Paddy’s Pub, in Kentville, with the Valley Cheer Athletics Association. Tickets: $2 each; three JAN. 10 JAN. 15 Chase the Ace • — From 6-7:30 p.m. on Thursdays at Paddy’s Pub, in Kent- Positive Noise Launch Party • — At the Berwick and District Library from IN ANNAPOLIS COUNTY JAN. 7, 9, 11 JAN 14 JAN 22 library. Call Annapolis at 902-532-2226 / Bridgetown 902-665-2758 / Middleton 902-825-4835. Bring in your own laptop, eReader, tablet, or Smartphone, or use the library’s equipment. Book a one-hour slot for personalized assistance with downloading eBooks and audiobooks, setting up your tablet, getting an email account or other basic computing tasks. Pre-registration is required, for more information call the library at 902-532-2226, during open hours. Exercise Class Middleton Writers’ Group Skywatch Under Cover • - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11 a.m. to noon at the Wilmot Baptist Christian Fellowship Centre, 208 Dodge Rd, Wilmot. Low Impact Exercise. Everyone welcome. Call Wendy at 902-765-0135 for more info. • - meets at the Rosa M. Harvey Middleton & Area Library from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Join the Middleton Writers’ Group as they celebrate their stories in the spirit of discovery and fellowship. If you would like to become a member call Paul Gregory at 902-825-2218 to register for the program and to be put on the contact list in the event of a program cancellation. • - at the Annapolis Royal Library from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Amateur astronomer Bruce Hamilton presents a slide show and talk on astrophotography. Bruce has a huge collection of photographs taken from his home observatory on the Fundy Shore. JAN.1 • New Year’s Day Levee - at Branch 33 Royal Canadian Legion, Bridgetown, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Come and enjoy delicious fish chowder, chilli, and much more! Everyone is welcome.
• - at the Annapolis Royal Legion from 12 to 4 p.m. Hosted in conjunction with the Town of Annapolis Royal. Ring in the New Year with friends both old and new, and enjoy a huge buffet prepared by our great volunteers! Everyone is welcome.
• - at Clementsport Legion, Highway 1 in Clementsport from noon to 4 p.m. JAN 11 JAN 25 Travel with Tony to Andalucia • - at the Bridgetown & Area Library from 2 to 3 p.m. Enjoy a pleasant afternoon of armchair travel as Tony shares photos and stories of his recent trip to Southern Spain. Be swept away by magnificent photos of Roman ruins, mosques, Spanish countryside, and more!
• - at the Annapolis Royal Library from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Come and play with us! Let’s have fun after school making crafts. Ages 8 and up.
• - at the Rosa M. Harvey Middleton & Area Library from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Spend your Friday night hanging out with your friends, listening to music, and munching on snacks. For ages 10 – 14. To register call the branch during open hours at 902-825-4835 or on-line. Caldecott Pre-game Picture Book Party • - at the Bridgetown & Area Library from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The Caldecott Award will be announced on Monday, Jan. 28. Lets try to predict our choice for the winner. Adults who love picture books (and cookies) are invited. Make some cookies to share, or just bring yourself and look at books with us!
• - at the Rosa M. Harvey Middleton & Area Library from 7 to 9 p.m. You’re invited to our make your own pizza party! For girls, ages 10 – 14 years. Registration is required. New Year’s Levee JAN. 19 we want to Games Night • - at the Three Rivers Community Centre, 41 Messenger Road, Torbrook Mines. Third Saturday of the month, November through April from 7 to 9 p.m. Free will offering. Light lunch provided. KNOW KidCraft New Year’s Levee This section is designed for event notifications for non-profit organizations. Items will appear as space permits; there is no guarantee of publication. To ensure publication, consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department.
Events may be mailed to 28 Aberdeen Street, Suite 6, Kentville NS, B3N 2N1 or emailed to [email protected] Girl Power: Pizza Party JAN 21 Planning for Tax Time • - at the Annapolis Royal Library from 6 to 8 p.m. Join financial advisor Kathy Pemberton of Investor’s Group to share some tips to help keep more of your money in your pocket. Space is limited, so please pre-register here on by phone 902-5322226. If inclement weather, session will be postponed to Jan. 28. The Hangout: Get Your Game On JAN. 3 The West Annapolis Chess Club •
– Chess for all ages and levels, beginners welcome. Thursday nights 6 to 9 p.m. rotates between Bridgetown and Annapolis Royal. info: [email protected] com ONGOING Tech help • – one-on-one from the PRINTED AND DISTRIBUTED BY PRESSREADER PressReader.com +1 604 278 4604 ORIGINAL COPY . ORIGINAL COPY . ORIGINAL COPY . ORIGINAL COPY . ORIGINAL COPY . ORIGINAL COPY COPYRIGHT AND PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE LAW
© PressReader. All rights reserved.