STOPOVERS AROUND THE GLOBE
What we’ve listed here are just five hot stopover opportunities that travelers can find. With a little diligent shopping, you may find just what you’re looking for. Here are a few more to consider:
• Air Canada customers traveling between the US and Europe or Asia via the airline’s Toronto Pearson hub have the opportunity to pause their journey in the city for up to one week with no stopover fee.
• Etihad allows US passengers flying through Abu Dhabi to get a visa on the spot and stay for one night or several. First class passengers automatically get two complimentary hotel nights in the city, business class gets one.
• FinnAir flights connecting the US with west and central Europe now include stopovers in the Finnish capital – one free stopover per flight and a second stopover at a cost of $100.
• Qatar Airways stopover in Doha includes visa-free entry for travelers from select countries plus a free hotel stay.
• Japan Airlines offers customers free stopovers at Tokyo or Osaka.
• Copa Airlines and the Panama Tourism authority have partnered to allow passengers transiting through Panama to stop and spend a few days on the way to their final destination.