Seven ways to enjoy a tapenade
1. Blend tapenade with mayonnaise to create a dip for raw vegetables.
2. Use as a spread for Mediterranean-style sandwiches filled with such things as sliced tomatoes, grilled vegetables, cheese and salami or other deli meats.
3. Use tapenade as a topping on pizza or crostini.
4. Make a simple appetizer by setting a bowl of tapenade on a platter with a piece of brie or other creamy cheese, such as goat. Serve with a sliced baguette or crackers.
5. Toss tapenade into a hot pasta dish or cold pasta salad.
6. Spread tapenade on salmon or halibut fillets before baking them.
7. Before roasting chicken legs, lift the skin up and slide some tapenade underneath it.
Drain the warm apricots and place in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well-combined, but still slightly coarse in texture. Do not turn into a smooth paste.
Transfer the tapenade to a tight sealing container and refrigerate until needed. It will keep at least 2 weeks. Warm the tapenade to room temperature before serving.
Green olive, sun-dried
Prep. time: 5 minutes Cooking time: None Makes: About 2 cups (500 mL)
Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until wellcombined, but still slightly coarse in texture. Do not turn into a very smooth paste.
Transfer the tapenade to a tight-sealing container and refrigerate until needed. It will keep at least 2 weeks. Warm the tapenade to room temperature before serving.
IS THE AUTHOR
OF THE BOOK