*Pasta Tavola’s vegetable suggestions:
Fall: roasted squash, roasted pumpkin, kale Winter: roasted sweet potatoes, cooked beets Spring: asparagus, fiddleheads, artichoke hearts Summer: zucchini, eggplant, peas
1. If roasting vegetables, do this first, or even several days ahead, on baking sheets.
2. Combine vegetables (excluding tomatoes) and garlic and oil. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Saute mixture on medium heat until softened.
4. Add tomatoes and cook until sauce thickens and bubbles in the centre of the pan. Add fresh or dried herbs, then salt, pepper and chilies to taste.
5. Serve over hot, just-cooked pasta. Top with fresh grated Parmesan if desired.