Crispy Chicken Tenders and Homemade Caesar Salad
Crispy Chicken Tenders
1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs Non-stick olive oil cooking spray
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika ½ tsp garlic powder ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
2 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast,
cut into 1-inch cubes
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Spread breadcrumbs in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Spray breadcrumbs with cooking spray. Bake for two minutes, then stir (or just give the pan a shake), then bake for another two to three minutes, until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
3. Transfer breadcrumbs to a medium bowl and whisk in spices (salt, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper). Set aside.
4. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set aside.
5. Line the large baking sheet with an ovensafe wire metal rack. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Dip each chicken cube into the egg mixture, then use tongs to transfer and toss into the breadcrumb mixture to completely coat with breadcrumbs. Use tongs to transfer pieces to the wire rack, placing them an inch apart. 7. Spray the tops of the chicken nuggets generously with non-stick spray. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through
(or until internal temperature reaches
165 F using a meat thermometer). Place on top of Caesar salad, or serve on the side with preferred sauce.
Ingredients Caesar Salad
3 romaine hearts, torn into pieces 1 bag of classic croutons
To taste, shaved fresh Parmesan
1 lemon ¾ tsp Dijon mustard ¾ tsp Worcestershire sauce 1 garlic clove ½ tsp black pepper ¼ cup mayonnaise ½ cup olive oil ¼ cup shaved fresh Parmesan
1. Juice the lemon to measure 2 tbsp juice, and place in a small bowl. Whisk in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and black pepper until blended. Add in mayonnaise and whisk until smooth.
2. While whisking continuously, pour olive oil in a slow, thin stream until blended. Stir in parmesan and set aside.
3. Place romaine leaves in a large bowl.
Add dressing and toss until lettuce is lightly coated. Top with shaved Parmesan and croutons.