Okanagan Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 cup softened butter
¾ cup brown sugar K tsp salt
3 tbsp honey
1 K cup flour
1 K cup wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
2 cups pitted cherries
1 can (200 ml) of coconut cream
1 cup of soaked cashews (soak overnight or simmer on stovetop in water for approx. 15 minutes)
½ cup of corn syrup (you can also try maple syrup if you prefer)
1 tsp almond extract
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup vegan cream cheese (I used regular cream cheese)
½ tsp xantham gum (I used gelatin)
1 tbsp lemon juice
Pinch of sea salt
1. In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and honey. Mix until blended.
2. Gradually add flour and wheat flour, alternating between them until incorporated.
3. Roll out dough between sheets of wax or parchment paper to about V" thickness.
4. Cut/score into individual cracker sizes and use a skewer or toothpick to make holes in the crackers.
5. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
6. Line a cookie sheet with silicone or parchment paper.
7. Preheat oven to 350 F.
8. Separate cookies and place on prepared sheet.
9. Bake until crackers begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
10. After making the graham crackers, quarter your cherries and set aside.
11. Add all of the ingredients except for the cherries for the cherry cheesecake ice cream into your blender and blend everything until smooth. Then transfer to your ice cream machine and let it run for about 15 minutes. (For a quicker ice cream, the mixture can be spread onto a pan and placed directly into the freezer, the consistency just won’t be as creamy.)
12. Once ready, transfer the ice cream from the ice cream maker along with the quartered cherries (scatter evenly throughout) to a 9×12 pan lined with wax paper. You want the ice cream to be about one inch thick throughout the pan. Store in freezer until your graham crackers are ready.
13. Once the graham crackers are done, pull them out of the oven and let them cool. Once crackers are cool, pull the ice cream out of the freezer and cut into squares that will fit the graham crackers.
14. Assemble ice cream sandwiches by placing your ice cream between two graham crackers and serve immediately.