Quinoa, Egg and Halloumi Bowls
1 cup white quinoa
2 cups water K tsp sea salt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half (use more if desired)
2 cups tightly packed baby spinach (or more, if desired)
4 thick slices halloumi cheese
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
Freshly cracked pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa, water and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes (until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed all the water). Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let sit, covered, until ready to use.
2. In a medium frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook until blistered, about three minutes. Transfer the tomatoes to a small bowl. Wipe the pan clean.
3. To the same pan, add spinach and cook until slightly wilted. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. 4. In the same pan (no need to wipe clean), heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Carefully crack the eggs into the pan, leaving space between them. Cook for three or four minutes, or until the whites are cooked and no longer translucent and the yolks are still runny. Transfer the fried eggs to the plate with the spinach. Wipe the pan clean.
5. Return the pan to medium heat. Add the halloumi and cook for one minute per side.
6. To serve, divide the warm quinoa between bowls. Top with the tomatoes, spinach, eggs, halloumi and avocado. Season with salt and pepper to taste.