QUIZ: What’s Your Environmental Footprint?
1. You’re heading out for a run. Do you:
a buy a plastic bottle of water on your route b hope to find a water fountain along the way c carry your own reusable water bottle
2. Your closet needs an update. Do you:
a hit up a few fast-fashion stores for trendy, of-the-moment pieces b do research online and pick out a few highquality items that will last you several years c head to the vintage/consignment stores in your neighbourhood
3. You’re on your way to your local café for an afternoon pick-me-up. Do you:
a grab a hot or iced coffee to go b drink your beverage at the café in reusable glassware c carry your own coffee mug or steel straw and bring the drink back to work
4. You’re going to the grocery store. Do you:
a take home your groceries in a bunch of plastic carry bags b buy some reusable bags at the store (and try to remember to bring them the Next time) c bring your own tote bags
5. Which of these is the best representation of how you shop for groceries?
a you pick up items you need or any that catch your eye, regardless of provenance b you make sure all the produce you buy is organic c you only shop at local farmers’ markets
6. You’re planning dinners for the week. Does your menu mainly involve:
a something with red meat b something with white meat or fish c plant-based meals
7. It’s time to throw out the trash. Do you:
a throw everything out as one b have separate bags/bins for food waste and recycling c have a separate bin for compost in addition to recycling and general waste
8. How often do you use a washer/dryer?
a no more than three loads a week b no more than one load a week c no more than three loads a month
9. What’s your preferred mode of transportation?
a personal car or cab b public transit c walking or biking
10. How often do you travel by plane?
a once a month b several times a year c once a year