Creamy turkey and spinach penne
Too much leftover turkey? Try this delicious pasta recipe. Start to finish: 20 minutes Servings: 4 Ingredients
• 500 grams penne
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced • 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth • 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup 35% cream
• 50 grams cream cheese
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 cups chopped turkey
• 2 cups finely chopped spinach
• Salt and pepper to taste Directions
1. Cook the penne according to directions on the package and set aside 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
2. In a large pan, sauté the garlic in butter
until it starts to brown.
3. Deglaze with the wine or broth making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to release all the tasty bits.
4. Pour in the milk, cream, cream cheese and Parmesan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and continue to cook for a few minutes until the ingredients are well combined.
5. Stir in the water you set aside, the turkey and the spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes to heat up the turkey and wilt the spinach. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Mix the pasta and sauce. Serve hot.