10 CAREER ADVANCEMENT TIPS
1. Don’t be afraid to say, I don’t know. If you don’t know something, say so.
2. Take responsibility for your actions. If you’re at fault, admit it and take the blame.
3. Never gossip. Gossip can hurt the careers of the person being talked about and the person doing the talking.
4. Never say that’s not my job. Don’t think you are above anything. Pitch in and set a good example, especially if the job is one that nobody else wants to do. Your willingness to do so will be noticed and appreciated!
5. Share the credit. People who share credit with others make a much better impression than those who take all the credit themselves.
6. Ask for help when you need it – before things get worse.
7. Keep your dislikes to yourself. Never burn bridges or offend others as you move ahead in your career.
8. Don’t hold grudges. Be gracious and diplomatic, focus on the future. Grudges won’t advance your career.
9. Be humble. When you’re right, don’t gloat about it.
10. Make others feel important. Compliment their contributions and help when you can. They will help you in return.